No announcement yet.

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great report Glenn! Hope they keep your boat for a month!

Comment

Originally posted by ram04 View Post
      If you don't mind me asking, what is the price to safe floor your boat and how long is the boat "out of service" while it cures.
      It needs about 24-48 hours to cure before you fish it. I think the price is about $14/sq ft.

I love Safe Floor and won't own a boat without it. It's durable, hides dirt well and cleans up easily. And it's super non-slip. To clean it you can bleach it and pressure wash it with no problem. It can also be repaired easily. if somehow you have a problem it can be scraped up, color matched and patched back up and you can't even tell. Brandon stands behind his product really well. If you have an issue he'll fix it. Great guy and he's become a good friend of mine.

If you want an estimate give him a call. Brandon Harper- 832-837-4818

And if you fish the Matagorda area they do come to town a few times a year and do installs in a shop in Matagorda. You don't have to town your boat in to them, but you do have to wait until they line up several boats to do while they are down.

Comment

My floor is going to look something like this.

As you can see they mix it up and try different amounts of colors until they get it where you want it.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Yes it's a great addition for sure.

Comment

That is going to look great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We'll know for sure in a few hours. They are putting it in now.

Comment

I am not trying to start an argument with this, just generally curious.

For those of you that are practicing catch and release on trout right now, are you mashing down the barbs on your hooks?

Comment

I am not trying to start an argument with this, just generally curious.

For those of you that are practicing catch and release on trout right now, are you mashing down the barbs on your hooks?

Comment

No, I have not been going barbless. You can, won't hurt anything. And we have lost a few trout to getting hooked in the gill but I don't think a barbless hook would make much difference there. They bleed like crazy and that's what kills them. But it has been very few. I also don't tell people they can't keep trout. I encourage but I also tell folks if they want to keep a few to eat that is totally ok too. And we have kept a few. But just for perspective I have cleaned maybe 20-25 trout this whole year. Maybe. That would have been just one trip last year. And we are dang near half way through the year. If we kill a few because of having barbs on our hooks we are still way ahead of what we were doing in the past. AND we are WAAAY ahead of a whole bunch of the other guides and outfitters who talked all the conservation talk when they thought it was beneficial for their image and then have killed every dang trout they have caught all year ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      pretty much this. As stated by a camera guy for a large news station here the the other day......if it bleeds, it leads

Never mind the lack of editing on what may actually be wrote. I think 8th graders write the articles.
                      It is pretty shocking how so many people that write for a living can't write for ****. I'm not particularly strong in grammar, but I can generally pick out 2-3 glaring grammar errors. That doesn't even get into the horrible quality of their prose.

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

How does the Safe Floor stuff compare to Seadek? I have had Seadek on my last two boats but it was installed in Florida. It would be nice to have a Texas option for deck material. Is it hard under your feet or cushioned?

Comment

it is not as soft and cushy as the foam flooring options. It is much tougher and doesn't peel up though. I had seadek on a poling skiff and I didn't like it nearly as much, even though it is softer on bare feet. It was much harder to keep clean, peeled up around the edges and the stuff I had would get cut with a pressure washer if you got the nozzle too close. Safe floor isn't like that. And you can't just repair a small piece of the seadek and you can with safe floor.

It's not terrible on bare feet but it is not cushy like foam. One thing that is nice when you are barefoot is if the deck is getting hot you can pour water on safe floor and it'll hold just enough water to stay cool without drying up quickly. I don't ever fish barefoot so I don't really care if it's squishy soft. I want tough and non-skid and I like how it hides dirt. I rinse mine daily and pressure wash it about once a week, bleach it and pressure wash it about once a month.

Comment

how much weight?

roughly

Comment

For a boat the size of a 25 Magnum doing all decks it weighs about 110-120# total. And that is a whole lot of flooring.

Comment

Working...
                                X