No announcement yet.

Anybody use/like electric chainsaws?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milwaukee here, no issues other than the battery cost as much as the saw.
    You can get a nice gas Stihl for the $600 you'll spend on the battery & saw.
    Mom has a Ryobi she's been using for 7yrs now.
    Thing still runs like a champ, and I've used the dog out of it.
    They fill a niche, and are extremely convenient at times.
    Long ways from replacing a good gas saw though.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
      I have my little buddy in the ranger.
      I've been looking at those .
      How does it do?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        I have a Stihl gas saw and a battery powered pole saw. The pole saw takes care of all the work I don't need my Stihl 250 for.

Here's a good recent thread on chainsaws/polesaws

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ht=Green+Works
        Good read Mr. Smart. I’m gonna keep researching, but looks like I just need to decide if I want a regular electric saw, or a electric pole saw?!?!?,?!

Comment

I own an EGO carbon fiber shaft Weed trimmer so I’m going with their 16” saw-same battery! We’ll see what it does!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcat91 View Post
            60v Dewalt with 16” blade has been good to me.

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Milwaukee, I was a non believer in OPE battery powered tools but now I’ve switched to mostly all battery powered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve had the harbor freight battery powered pole saw for several years and it’s been great, had some chains made at stihl dealer, made a big difference.

Comment

I wanted something small around the house and got a 20 volt 10" Dewalt chainsaw since all of my other battery powered Dewalt stuff are 20 volt. I was shocked with the power this sucker has. Absolutely love it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll be honest, we use saws all the time and my nephew brought out a new Milwaukee that he said he paid around $400 for, that thing was kinda scary. It was quiet and cut like a beast and I’m now sold on the idea 100%. Electric chainsaws have come a long way since the last time I used one. I’ll be ordering one like he had in the near future, we use all pro Stihls and it cut as good as our 261cm or at least pretty dang close.

Comment

I had a huge oak tree to trim at one of our rental properties. The tree trimmers wanted a couple of thousand dollars to do the job. I went to Harbor Freight and bought a little corded electric chainsaw and a pole chainsaw for around a hundred dollars. We did all of the trimming in about an hour and then hauled three huge loads away on my car hauler trailer.

I now only use the tools for quick little jobs. When they break, I'll toss them. For the money, I can unwind a cord every now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by Witchgrass View Post
                        Good read Mr. Smart. I’m gonna keep researching, but looks like I just need to decide if I want a regular electric saw, or a electric pole saw?!?!?,?!

Yes sir... or both[emoji12][emoji23][emoji23]

I sure like the pole saw for all things around the house or anything related to the deer lease and trimming like senderos, blinds or roads. No bending over or reaching up inside a tree to get to where I want to get. That setup without the extension is light and handy for everyday use. Plus it cuts so well. I still have my Stihl for big stuff but I bet I don’t grab it but once or twice a year. The GW pole saw gets used all the time.

Comment

Not sure if this will work..try project farm on utube...got some interesting sensible info..

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aBZt8m1XkQ"]Best Battery Powered Chainsaw Brand? Let's find out! Milwaukee vs DeWalt, Makita, Ryobi & WORX - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
                            I’ll be honest, we use saws all the time and my nephew brought out a new Milwaukee that he said he paid around $400 for, that thing was kinda scary. It was quiet and cut like a beast and I’m now sold on the idea 100%. Electric chainsaws have come a long way since the last time I used one. I’ll be ordering one like he had in the near future, we use all pro Stihls and it cut as good as our 261cm or at least pretty dang close.

I hope so....we like the truth around here...

Comment

I have the Dewalt and like it a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                                Not sure if this will work..try project farm on utube...got some interesting sensible info..
                                This was pretty interesting to see.

I am guessing that the EGO brand is not as good as any of the others. Didnt even make a showing on this and Ryobi did.

J

Comment

Working...
                                X