Anybody use/like electric chainsaws?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody use/like electric chainsaws?

I’ve got an older Stihl O39, which has been a great workhorse whenever I needed it. But sometimes, I don’t need THAT much of a saw. Been thinking about looking into a lighter smaller electric saw. Y’all use or have one? Recommendations?

I cut a lot of trees down/up with a Wards that my grandfather had. Oak and hackberry. It was work each time. But got it done for him. He had a Pullan sitting on the garage shelf with the repair tag still on it up untill his death. It must have sat there for 20 years. I never got to use it, till after I inherreted it. I now know why the call them "Pull an". Plastic recoil broke shortly after I got it running. Had it repaired, $100. Then it broke again.

I now own a Stihl 271. But do have an electric limb saw.

Comment

My son and I both have Green Works saws. I continue to be impressed by both the regular saw and the pole saw. I have a Stihl gas pole saw and I wouldn’t go back to it if you paid me.

Comment

I have a DeWalt battery operated chainsaw and I really like it.

Comment

I have a Stihl gas saw and a battery powered pole saw. The pole saw takes care of all the work I don't need my Stihl 250 for.

Here's a good recent thread on chainsaws/polesaws

Comment

I have a Kolbalt 40v chainsaw and it’s been great.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
              I have a Kolbalt 40v chainsaw and it’s been great.
              Me too. Thought I'd wear it out during Harvey clean-up, but still going strong.

Comment

Milwaukee makes a great battery powered chainsaw

Comment

I bought my dad a Stihl battery saw and an extra battery to keep in his truck. We both love it. I have a commercial grade gas saw for the big all day projects, but for shooting lanes and and 12” and smaller trees the electric is the ticket. I hear the dewalt and makitas are good too.
                  It’s nice and quiet too, which is nice when your setting up a blind on the property line ��

Comment

I’ve got the harbor freight chainsaw and dads got the pole saw. It will get hot and quit cutting firewood but cutting down trees and brush it’s been great! It’s great for making brushpiles at fhe lake! Only sound you hear is a tree falling!

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      My son and I both have Green Works saws. I continue to be impressed by both the regular saw and the pole saw. I have a Stihl gas pole saw and I wouldn’t go back to it if you paid me.
                      I have the greenworks polesaw and chainsaw- both work great - been more than pleased

Comment

Only one I have used was a pile pruner. Not a large job and I was ok with it—Ryobi brand

Comment

Originally posted by DZM View Post
                          I have the greenworks polesaw and chainsaw- both work great - been more than pleased
                          I have a Greenworks pole saw and chain saw. They both work great!

Comment

60v Dewalt with 16” blade has been good to me.

Comment

I have my little buddy in the ranger.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by sendit; 05-02-2021, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X