Might as well - Generators - what are you running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the generator game and bought a Predator 2000 to run my CPAP, charge phones and maybe some lights last week just in case there was an issue. Since we are gas heat, I got lucky and found out it would run my blower fan and thermostat at 600-800 watts for the whole house. It’s been a warm 68 degrees in my house since Monday AM despite not having any electricity and it being -2 degrees up here with a windchill of -8 yesterday ...Plus a few lights, and various other small electronics including charging our phones and a CPAP. All on now 6 gallons of fuel. I’ll revisit a bigger one after this for whole house but this 2,000 has been a godsend for us. It’s been flawless ..and kept us warm. Have two other buddies that are doing the same with a 2,000 because that’s all they could find buying late in the game. Plus that little bastage will come in handy at the lease or at Bownanza type gatherings.

Comment

Kohler 20K. Been running 3 days. Will service it today....................

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        New to the generator game and bought a Predator 2000 to run my CPAP, charge phones and maybe some lights last week just in case there was an issue. Since we are gas heat, I got lucky and found out it would run my blower fan and thermostat at 600-800 watts for the whole house. It’s been a warm 68 degrees in my house since Monday AM despite not having any electricity and it being -2 degrees up here with a windchill of -8 yesterday ...Plus a few lights, and various other small electronics including charging our phones and a CPAP. All on now 6 gallons of fuel. I’ll revisit a bigger one after this for whole house but this 2,000 has been a godsend for us. It’s been flawless ..and kept us warm. Have two other buddies that are doing the same with a 2,000 because that’s all they could find buying late in the game. Plus that little bastage will come in handy at the lease or at Bownanza type gatherings.

How is it hooked up to fan and thermostat? I have a small Coleman like that ( have not lost power yet ) but I was just planning to run a few space heaters.

Comment

I have a Northstar 5500 from Northern Tool ready and waiting just in case. It's been a great generator for us and it has a Honda engine.

Comment

I don’t have one, but will after this is over (along with 10 extension cords and 10 space heaters). Following!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by bdog14; 02-17-2021, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Extension cord to the plug for furnace I presume.

Comment

I’ve got the 2000 Predator inverter generator. I have a gas furnace so I was able use it and I had the blower motor hooked up to the generator....Worked like a champ, really fuel efficient and pretty dang quiet outside. I’m running off a 12 gauge extension cord.

We have been out of power for over 48 hours. It was a huge blessing to have our normal heat for the house. We had the thermostat set at 68 degrees the entire time.

That Predator generator was a life saver. So thankful to have it.

Comment

I picked up a Generac 6500W portable on saturday, right before the snowpocalypse hit.

My daughter is on a ventilator, and depends on an o2 concentrator. When we built this house, we specifically put in a wood-burning fireplace for backup heat. But can't use it because she's on o2.

The doc's prescribed a backup generator, and we'd been waiting on it to show up for 3-4 weeks. Found out friday afternoon that insurance had declined it, so I had to scramble to find what I could.

My dad has a 5500W Predator from harbor freight, wired into his house. Shuts everything off but the fridge and freezer, his mother-in-law's medical stuff, and a few space heaters. Said it's been running fine.

Comment

Lost power at 5:00 this morning. Lost it off and on the last 2 days, but until now, longest was about 20 minutes.

Fired up my Ryobi 8125/6500

Running the fridge, freezer and 2 space heaters.

Cords through the back window for now, gonna do the interlock when it warms up for next time.

Comment

We have a 15kw pto drive behind our 45hp tractor.

Comment

Troy built 10kw. Powering pool, lights, space heater, and tv.

Comment

This bad boy right here. We were blessed to have it for the 42 hrs we went without electricity.

Comment

We have a generac whole house but haven’t had to use it yet. I also have a 2 Honda 2000s from my days of living in the Houston area for Hurricane preps. Those little dudes are work horses and run 6 to 8 hours on a tank of gas (1.2 gallon). I bought mine in 2008.

Curious to see how the Predators folks here are getting work out.

Comment

predator 3500 inverter is awesome
                              i run 3 window units a mini fridge and all lights to my cabin on the island during the summer, and it sips on the gas 7.5 gallons will last over 24 hours once everything is cooled down and regular cycled

Comment

Kohler 20kw all house generator and a 6,500 CAT still in box sitting in my shop that I picked up last week. I think I'm going to return that and grab the smaller predator that a few of y'all have mentioned.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X