No announcement yet.

Might as well - Generators - what are you running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My one nursing home that is without power is running a 200kw generac right now. It it brought in as the 60kw on site will just keep minimal items going and not the hvac system.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Fired up the Miller Bobcat this afternoon after figuring out how to tie in to the house

Not ideal but I do have some lights and a few things to help

If I ever build a house it will be mostly gas and have a backup generator built into the panel

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Roads View Post
        Honda EU2000
        You will get good gas mileage on this one!!

Comment

Ole John Deere 6200 Watt here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m running in place to stay warm. You know, in the dark.

Comment

I bought a Predator 4000 at Harbor Freight last Wednesday. It was the floor model with the wheel kit. No box or manual. $250, brand new, still had to break it in. So far so good.

I also have a Ryobi 2200 Inverter that quit working on me back in the fall. I tinkered with it, changed the spark plug, oil, air filter, and the carburetor, but still couldn’t get the **** thing to start. I almost chunked it, but did some googling and learned the low oil sensor can go bad on them. Unscrewed one screw that was connected to the sensor and it is purring like a kitten now.

Comment

Briggs and Stratton 25kw with auto switch

Comment

Little Generac IX1600 running my reef tank pump heater and lights all day. At night I'm running a Champion 4250 with the tank and refrigerator and freezer and some space heaters for the house. The ix1600 gives me 5.5 hours for 1/2 gallon of fuel, the Champion gives me 10 hours for a full 3.5 galon tank. The little generac is aboot 15 years old.
                  Last edited by justletmein; 02-16-2021, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                    I can run my water heater and several lights/plugs but it won’t run AC so summer time/hurricane season can be a little warm.

Buy a window unit just for that purpose!

Comment

After this deal I’ll be buying a “whole home” generator to run my most essential areas. I’m gonna go with Onan. Not going through this again with hurricanes or any other cold weather we could possible get in the future. I’ll spend the money then just go make so more!

Comment

Yamaha EF2000is

Comment

Yamaha EF3000iSEB

Comment

I’m running an efi trailblazer 325 with a Koehler engine. Been on low idle running whole house heat, range and refrigerator for a little over 48hrs now.

Comment

Originally posted by jonate98 View Post
                              After this deal I’ll be buying a “whole home” generator to run my most essential areas. I’m gonna go with Onan. Not going through this again with hurricanes or any other cold weather we could possible get in the future. I’ll spend the money then just go make so more!

Look at the Champion brand. They make a 14,000 whole home generator and I read good reviews on their performance.

Comment

I’m running a predator 6,500w, my brother had it for the past year so it needed a good carb cleaning but is running like a top now. For now our power came back on but if it goes out again she is sitting on the front porch ready to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X