Might as well - Generators - what are you running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might as well - Generators - what are you running

What size and brand is everyone running or have on stand by?

I've got a Polaris P2000i fueled and ready to go.

5KW Kawasaki here.

Comment

Generac 22kw, auto transfer whole house, and a duomax 12kw for the well.

Comment

I have a little Coleman gen I bought off TBH many moons ago. It will not run a house
        But might run a fridge. It will run a few space heaters and today, that’s all I care about.

Comment

Briggs storm responder 6500, will be selling it and upgrading to a 15-17k which I can run the whole house on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Truckman View Post
            Generac 22kw, auto transfer whole house, and a duomax 12kw for the well.
            *****!
            I’m running a dual fuel Champion 4K. Only have 1 space heater so it’s running that, tv and phone chargers.

Comment

Comment

I am running a Honda EU 6500 on propane.
                I don’t run the whole house just the necessities.

Comment

Powerland 10k watts trifuel. 240v and 30 amps. Runs most everything I need, central heat and a little portable AC.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                    Briggs storm responder 6500, will be selling it and upgrading to a 15-17k which I can run the whole house on.

My kid in Willis has been without since 2am yesterday (Monday) and swears she will be doing likewise.

Comment

Originally posted by farlow View Post
                      My kid in Willis has been without since 2am yesterday (Monday) and swears she will be doing likewise.

I can run my water heater and several lights/plugs but it won’t run AC so summer time/hurricane season can be a little warm.

Comment

Kohler 24RCL - 24kW

Comment

Champion Duel Fuel 10,000/8,000. GE Interlock switch. Reliance exterior generator plug.

Also have a Champion 4000/3500

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Honda EU2000

Comment

I have a Westinghouse 7.5kW, with electric start. My next-door neighbor bought it new, from Lowe's, in 2013. He gave it to me, last summer, in order to clean out his garage, and to kind of repay me for the help I have given him, over the last 25 years.

I got it into my garage, then quickly realized the generator had never been fueled or started. Evidently, the Lowe's install team was not that competent. Put a new battery on, then had to fix some wiring for the Low Oil shutoff. Started right up. Drained the tank and carburetor, and it has been sitting in my garage, since I got it.

A couple of days ago, I fueled it, and I started it.
                              Today, I got the necessary supplies to back-feed my house with electricity, through a three-prong electric dryer receptacle.
                              Here is how you wire the four-wire gen cable to a 3-prong dryer cord. I have gas heat, so this will run my house heater.
                              How to connect a generator to home without a transfer switch in an emergency. Diagrams for wiring 3 and 4-prong dryer outlets. Pinout of 4-wire generator plug and safety rules.

So far, at my house we have not lost power/water/gas, at all. But I am ready.

Comment

Working...
                              X