How Far is Your Lease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, crazy.
    I drive just over 2 hours (which is longer than I really wanted), but it's a great place with lots of game.
    I have been out 5 times since the season opened Oct 1. If it were much further, I'd go MUCH less often. As it is, by the time I get off work on a Friday, get home and get everything packed, I'm lucky to roll into camp by 10 pm.

Comment

6 hours from Clear Lake to Del Rio with stops for food and fuel. Sucks, but I go often 2 to 3 times per month starting dove season thru deer season.

Comment

6 hours... Usually only get to make 4 or 5 trips during hunting season.

Comment

One hour and ten minutes from my house to my stand, used to be 20 minutes until them boyz with the deep pockets decided they liked our lease.

Comment

2 and half hrs and 153 miles from driveway to driveway, i made a 5 hr trip this weeekend to rocksprings i couldnt personally do it everyweekend

Comment

2 hours currently to my east texas lease. Probably going to extend that next year to 4-5 hours to get on a real place. I am a firm believer now there are no deer in east tx

Comment

I drive 4 hours usually roll into camp around 10-11.

Been going every weekend missing 3 so far since bowseason.

Comment

5 minute walk from the door or a 45 minute drive south........

Comment

Hour and a half to the ranch. Makes it easy to go down often.

Comment

300yrds behind the house, or 15min to lease and the best 25min to the diamond c

Comment

Obviously, the drive time is not as much of the issue as ones availability to go and the funds to support the trips.

My opinion is it's not too far as long as the lease provides what you want even if your not able to go as much as you like.

Good luck no matter what you decide.

Comment

9+ hrs from LAF to Ozona

got off the lease several yrs ago as I hunt LA now and where ever invited

Will Cook For Hogs, Jackrabbits , Coyotes And Does

Comment

My lease last year was right at an hour drive from my house.

Todd

Comment

6 hours door to stand. I go every other weekend. I drove down the day of game 6 of the world series and filled my feeder then drove back home the same day only to see the Rangers lose that game. That was a long day.

Comment

21 miles. I couldn't afford to drive more than 3 or 4 hours more than a few times a year. No way! I also enjoy being able to take off early every once in awhile and get a weekday hunt in.

Comment

Working...
                                X