How Far is Your Lease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Far is Your Lease?

Just wondering how long of a drive it is from your house to the lease, and how often you make the trip. Right now it is right at 2 hours but im looking at a place that will be 5 hours, and wondering if im crazy.

Used to have a 5 hour trip. I'm now sitting just over 2 1/2 hours, I can make this trip any weekend I care too now. Before I would try to take some time off to make it an extended weekend.

Comment

Your not crazy at all... When you go just stay an extra day...

My lease is 428 miles from my house...

Comment

1 hr 50 minutes door to door but the rest of my lease buddies commute from Houston and it's about a 6 1/2 hour trip for them each way

Comment

Mine is too **** far. 6hrs. But alot closer than the one I had in Loma Alta. 9hrs!!!

Comment

Mine now is 3 1/2. Mine for the last 5 years was 5. I go every weekend. So no your not crazy. Oh yea 6 years before that was 6 hours. Still every weekend.

Comment

5 hours for me..... definitely not the ideal setup for a quick weekend trip!

Comment

5 hrs Good thing we only work half days on Fridays

Comment

Are you planning on going quite a bit? 5 hrs isn't too far but it's a looooooong way when you're a college student.....

Comment

I'm driving 3 hours to mine. I leave every Friday at 10AM and make it in time to put my gear up, open up camp, and make the evening hunt

I have hunted leases that were up to 6 hours away. Like HillCo said, I used to take off Fridays or Mondays when I went down to hunt.

Comment

5 hours for me and while I like my lease and the deer numbers, the drive sucks.

I sure would like to be able to hunt a weekday evening hunt occasionally.

Comment

1/2 mile walk behind the house, and 40 minutes to the other.

Comment

15 miles.. haha I hunt after work some days if i get off early enough

Comment

Mine is 68 miles from driveway to stand.

Used to drive to Brady every weekend. (4hrs)

Comment

50 miles and I go every chance I get. The gas that it takes to go up and back and run around limits my trips more than anything, but still close enough for a day trip.

Comment

Working...
                              X