No announcement yet.

DIY Walk In Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great DIY project OP, and super functional!

A question...would there be any benefit to have the exterior painted white or silver so that it reflects rather than absorbs external heat?

Comment

Great Work!!!

Comment

So the plywood is all sealed with the poly so you can clean her out every so often if you need to? Not familiar with the poly stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGProstaff View Post
          What are the steel dimensions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          If you can afford to, a shipping container works really well. Get 1 9.5ft. in height 40ft. long and convert the rear 10-15ft. Into freezer and use the front half for butchering and processing.
          I put headed 3 that size and built a barn.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGProstaff View Post
            What are the steel dimensions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            If you can afford to, a shipping container works really well. Get 1 9.5ft. in height 40ft. long and convert the rear 10-15ft. Into freezer and use the front half for butchering and processing.
            I put headed 3 that size and built a barn.
            The containers are cheap if you get them from a container yard. Cheap being 1-3 grand. And cheaper for damaged ones which can be cut and repaired. Just make sure that the wooden flooring isn't warped or stained. Could be from chemicals that you don't want.

Comment

Built this one about 10 or 12 yrs ago. Replaced the ac after about 9 yrs. We also use it as a walk in cooler for food if we have big family gatherings.
              Works great.
              At the time cost was approx. $1,500 for everything. We enjoy processing our own so it has paid for itself for sure!
              Attached Files

Comment

Pretty solid.

Comment

Working...
                X