Easiest Dove Hunt I've ever had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easiest Dove Hunt I've ever had

I haven't hunted doves in several years, but I used to put in considerable dollars, time, effort, and miles driven, to hunt them. Sometimes it was worth it; sometimes not so much.

This morning I stepped outside of my shop's back door, and had some nice dove action for about 10 mins. I ended up getting one more after, I took the picture. I didn't limit out, but for the effort that I expended, I was quite pleased. Got enough to make a small batch of bacon wrapped poppers anyway

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
    I haven't hunted doves in several years, but I used to put in considerable dollars, time, effort, and miles driven, to hunt them. Sometimes it was worth it; sometimes not so much.

This morning I stepped outside of my shop's back door, and had some nice dove action for about 10 mins. I ended up getting one more after, I took the picture. I didn't limit out, but for the effort that I expended, I was quite pleased. Got enough to make a small batch of bacon wrapped poppers anyway

Comment

I likey!!![emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, I have gone much further and got much less. Lol
        Congratulations!

Comment

I just don’t try hunting them anymore. Can’t shoot a shotgun worth a flip, but I do get 5-6 thru out the year with my tractor trailer. Just not much left afterwards.

Comment

It’s hard for me to hunt near my shop. It’s like every time I’m near it I end up working or tinkering on something. They would really need to be flying to hold my attention. Looks like you had a pretty good run.

Comment

I keep looking to the skies but there just ain’t any birds around here right now. 🤨

Congrats

Comment

For the record, I live out in the country and usually see some birds, although I've never really tried to "hunt" them previously. Yesterday morning while I was clearing a downed tree from my property, I saw about 40-50 bust out of the adjacent trees, so that planted the seed for this morning's shoot. It didn't last long, but it sure was fun while it lasted.
                I'll probably give it another try in the morning, but pretty much figure, they'll relocate after that. For what I've got invested in this hunt, it's well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                  For the record, I live out in the country and usually see some birds, although I've never really tried to "hunt" them previously. Yesterday morning while I was clearing a downed tree from my property, I saw about 40-50 bust out of the adjacent trees, so that planted the seed for this morning's shoot. It didn't last long, but it sure was fun while it lasted.
                  I'll probably give it another try in the morning, but pretty much figure, they'll relocate after that. For what I've got invested in this hunt, it's well worth it.
                  A very nice dove hunt for just 10 minutes shooting time outside your shop’s back door. Enjoy those poppers.

Comment

Since the season has started, I’ve drove 45 minutes each way, and I’ve only fired one shot and it was a miss.

Comment

Heck, that’s dinner for two!

Comment

Saw quite a few in Pleasanton yesterday.
                        About 1/2 mourning and half WW

Waist high early summer growth made it tough

BP

Comment

Working...
                        X