Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NV, Thermal, ILL. Ret. Scope for suppressed 22???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
    i don't agree on the wraith ..problem #1 you'd need the cantilever mount .. problem #2 the wraith is heavy , and that is one light package...it will feel top heavy and bulky especially because the gun is so light to begin with . if you were local i'd let you put mine on there to see if you like it before you buy it, i'm 99% sure you wouldn't ... and then then is the ir illuminator on top of that.. and they aren't light either...

i personally would go red dot and a good weapon light. if you want to got totally covert .. put some lights on your feeder.

i use a 2moa holosun with solar panel .. during the day it brightens up based on conditions, at night you can turn it way down . i never turn mine on or off.. it's always on and working

on that rig you will love a small red dot during the day... and you'll hate how much ammo you burn through it... and you will...

i have mine on a Tcr/22 and it weighs nothing. and stock has built in mlok

if you go thermal , most of them have multi save profiles .. i use my reap-ir on mine (probably still one of the best lightweight compact but good scope imo), but keep in mind 50 yard zero is 6" low at 100 with a 22lr subsonic . assuming you would't shoot supers with a can... no point! so keep that in mind.

agm rattler might be a decent option for around $2k if you go thermal

just my opinion.

after all it's a strap on a backpack gun ... got to keep it light and handy.

or you could go total gangster... pvs14 on helmet mount and ir laser on the gun ... shoot from the hip! tactactac!
    I am kind of leaning this direction

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
      I'll keep that in mind for sure Jason! Thank you. I have been in contact with Jason with Outdoor Legacy going through options. I am torn because I was planning on going NV, but didn't realize they are so heavy and bulky. I already have a Pulsar thermal on my 300BO. Technically I can swap it to this gun as well if I wanted to (even though I would prefer a dedicated scope).

My biggest reservation with a thermal is that this gun will be used a lot for target shooting and just fun plinking for Brooks as well. Obviously that can be tough with a thermal due to no heat signatures sometimes.

I am leaning toward a red dot with some minimal magnification right now and use a red/green light if needed. Then see what it actually gets used for more and go from there.
      If this is the case get you a dedicated red dot and swap it to the thermal for night hunting.

Comment

I decided to go light weight and easy to start off…

Holosun red dot with a hm3x magnifier. I have a pulsar thermal in my 300bo that I can swap to this rifle if needed.

Comment

cool!

Comment

Working...
          X