Grapevine Hunting 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ethan.hines View Post
    Thanks! Do they need to be submitted in person? Or does e-mail work as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I emailed mine...I asked them if this was an OK way to submit....waiting to hear back.

Comment

Originally posted by ethan.hines View Post
      Thanks! Do they need to be submitted in person? Or does e-mail work as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Says this on the website.

Please send all applications, questions, surveys, or other information regarding the hunting at Grapevine Lake to CESWF-Grapevine-Hunting@usace.army.mil. So I'm guessing we can email them.

Comment

Man I admire yalls patience!! It's impressive!!

Comment

Originally posted by Double-AA View Post
          Anyone on here missing something from their saddle equipment setup? Inbox/msg me with description and I'll get it to you.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk
          OK, what's up with your profile buck? Is the skull plate cracked?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
            He's just a wired looking 18 pt from Honey Grove.

Last edited by Double-AA; 01-19-2023, 03:56 AM.

Comment

He's just a weird looking 18 pt from Honey Grove.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                Lot of Mitch Rompola bucks in Honey Grove........

Comment

Arrow Mystery: Shot my first deer this season (spined it). Dropped on the spot. Put a second arrow through it to kill it. When I got home and was cleaning my arrows I noticed one has a foul smell. It was the vanes. Washed it with soap, Bleached it, hydrogen peroxide, mineral spirits, 409…nothing takes the smell away. This was at Thanksgiving. Left it outside for two months and it still stinks! What in the world? Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by C Mordecai View Post
                    Arrow Mystery: Shot my first deer this season (spined it). Dropped on the spot. Put a second arrow through it to kill it. When I got home and was cleaning my arrows I noticed one has a foul smell. It was the vanes. Washed it with soap, Bleached it, hydrogen peroxide, mineral spirits, 409…nothing takes the smell away. This was at Thanksgiving. Left it outside for two months and it still stinks! What in the world? Any thoughts?
                    Did you remove the nock and check inside the arrow?

For some reason standard diameter (.244, .245) the insert seems to let blood and lung/liver matter inside the shaft a bit easier than small diameter and micro diameter shafts.

I had a similar situation a few weeks after I shot a deer. So I popped the nock off and looked inside... to say it was gross was an understatement! I wound up swinging it outside and it slung that nasty stuff everywhere. Wound up washing the inside of the arrow and it got rid of it, but man did it stink!

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                      Did you remove the nock and check inside the arrow?

For some reason standard diameter (.244, .245) the insert seems to let blood and lung/liver matter inside the shaft a bit easier than small diameter and micro diameter shafts.

I had a similar situation a few weeks after I shot a deer. So I popped the nock off and looked inside... to say it was gross was an understatement! I wound up swinging it outside and it slung that nasty stuff everywhere. Wound up washing the inside of the arrow and it got rid of it, but man did it stink!
                      What he said. You never know what makes it in to the arrows. I always pull the nock and wash them out. They can get funky quick in there.

Comment

Hunters, we are working with Backcountry Hunters & Anglers on a clean up of the hunting area on March 11th!! If you are free that day please come out and volunteer with us and BHA. We are meeting at the Project office 9am to sign forms and then head out to do some much needed clean up. You can either RSVP here blockedhttps://www.backcountryhunters.org/grapevine_lake_cleanup_2023 or just show up at the office.

Comment

Great idea - I'll be there!

Comment

Awesome!! I'll be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Grapevine USACE View Post
                              Hunters, we are working with Backcountry Hunters & Anglers on a clean up of the hunting area on March 11th!! If you are free that day please come out and volunteer with us and BHA. We are meeting at the Project office 9am to sign forms and then head out to do some much needed clean up. You can either RSVP here blockedhttps://www.backcountryhunters.org/grapevine_lake_cleanup_2023 or just show up at the office.
                              This is great! I'm hoping to make it, but that's spring break and we have a trip planned, potentially.

Comment

Did anyone join the GV Cleanup?

Comment

Working...
                                X