Pond and Lake Management Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
    Just treated mine with the same results - you use Cuterine Plus?

Also just added 18 Floridas from Camelot Belle - 1.5 to 3 pounders - we shall see!
    Cutrine Plus

Feed those babies!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperExotics View Post
      Cutrine Plus

Feed those babies!
      I shut my feeder off during the winter - will the Floridas take feed this time of year?

Comment

I shut my feeder off during the winter - will the Floridas take feed this time of year?
        Bass won’t consume much feed anytime unless they are feeder trained. Feed the baitfish all year when adding Camelot’s… they will need it!
        Last edited by Sippy; 02-26-2022, 05:24 PM.

Comment

I sure hated it when they took Karmex off the market, it made my tank pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
            I sure hated it when they took Karmex off the market, it made my tank pretty.
            While it may have worked, there are many that are approved that work as well or better without the bad consequences of Karmex.

Comment

Bass won’t consume much feed anytime unless they are feeder trained. Feed the baitfish all year when adding Camelot’s… they will need it!
              yeah I did not think these bass were feed trained - so I have always been told the baitfish will not eat the feed during winter months when the water is cold??
              By the way welcome to the forum - I bet you get some good business off of this place

Comment

yeah I did not think these bass were feed trained - so I have always been told the baitfish will not eat the feed during winter months when the water is cold??
                By the way welcome to the forum - I bet you get some good business off of this place
                We turn clients feeders down, but they still eat them.

Thanks!

Comment

We turn clients feeders down, but they still eat them.

Thanks!
                  awesome - I will start feeding year round

Comment

awesome - I will start feeding year round
                    One time per day mid day

Comment

One time per day mid day
                      thank you for the info

Comment

Following. I'm nit ready yet as I need to get a house built first, but bought land with a 2 acre pond fed by a spring fed creek. Want to drain it, put in structure, get some vegetation growing on it, and let it fill back up. Seems like it is silting in and it is murky/muddy. I'd love cleat water

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ive got a spring fed tank that is several acres, used to be an incredible catfish tank. However, about 10-15 years ago, an oil company was doing some work in the area, and the tank got ruined (not sure how, just they were there during the time it changed). It is now the color of a pea soup. Green, cant see the bottom, everything is dead I assume.

What do we do to make this tank get back to normal?

Comment

Pretty broad question here but we’re starting a roughly 1 acre dig in SE Oklahoma this week. My hands are pretty full with our barn buildout but I don’t want to miss out on the opportunity to get some structure and habitat in before we start taking on water. Is there a bare minimum/half a’d approach I can take given my limited time to commit to it? I drew out a rough idea of the area, need to look back on the depth we agreed on.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney Tatonka View Post
                              Ive got a spring fed tank that is several acres, used to be an incredible catfish tank. However, about 10-15 years ago, an oil company was doing some work in the area, and the tank got ruined (not sure how, just they were there during the time it changed). It is now the color of a pea soup. Green, cant see the bottom, everything is dead I assume.

What do we do to make this tank get back to normal?
                              I would begin with a water quality test to see if the cause can be determined. Sounds like a high nutrient load, but thats just from the picture i have in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Agdog View Post
                                Pretty broad question here but we’re starting a roughly 1 acre dig in SE Oklahoma this week. My hands are pretty full with our barn buildout but I don’t want to miss out on the opportunity to get some structure and habitat in before we start taking on water. Is there a bare minimum/half a’d approach I can take given my limited time to commit to it? I drew out a rough idea of the area, need to look back on the depth we agreed on.

If those are cedars, cut and tie to a weight and place where you would like structure.

It is hard to put in too much habitat. If you have the time, you may consider some gravel for bluegill beds.

Comment

Working...
                                X