Very nice!

Comment

Awesome work.

Comment

nice work!

Comment

Great work

Comment

That young man has talent. Great job all around.

That fire pit looks amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks all for the kind words. I joke with him that he’s finally becoming useful.😁

Yesterday he pulled the radiator and power steering pump off the ‘83 square body he bought back in August. I’m enjoying not getting my hands so dirty🤣
                Click image for larger version

Name:	2E7107C5-A923-4375-9936-9EABF40AC29D.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	24644363

Name:	737485D7-AAAF-4F7D-9B92-61ACF09B7669.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	24644364

Name:	D649C284-EF76-4DCB-A63B-C417862C4E60.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	24644365

Comment

That fire pit is awesome! Nice work!!

Comment

Not bad. I heard that some schools have plasma tables and let the students use them. When I heard that I was a bit irritated. When I was in welding class in high school, the instructor, had talked the school into buying a MIG welder with a spool gun. He would not let any of the students use it, it was way beyond our abilities, according to him. We were only allowed to use the stick welder, cutting torch, angle grinders and bench grinder. Now I heard and seen they are taught how to use a plasma table. Sure would have been nice, if we would have been taught to use one of those. i know our instructor, would never be able to figure out how to operate a plasma table.

There is a lot to know, to enter a drawing or make a drawing, then run it through a software that applies the tools and cutting operations. Then knowing how to set up something on the table, ECT. kids now days are getting to learn some cool stuff.

That's definitely a cool project, he did a heck of a job. Took a lot more than just marking some plate, cutting it with a torch, cleaning it up and welding it together.

Comment

Great work!

I hate to be “that guy”, because it really doesn’t bother me at all, but he does need to pay attention to potential trademark infringement using logos on the flags (or plasma cutting), when they are sold for profit. To my knowledge, he can do whatever he wants if it’s a gift.

I’m generally of the mindset to do it until they ask you to stop, which might never happen, but apparently they can require you to pay them any back profits you made.

I’d think stuff like the requested fleur de lis are fine, as that symbol isn’t specific to the Saints, and you could probably argue the same for the Texas Rangers “T”, but it’s cutting it closer.

One work around might be to buy officially licensed decals and use them. Not as nice as paint, but they could be clear coated over.

It does seem ridiculous until you imagine using something like the YETI, Bass Pro, or Browning logos it makes a little more sense.

Again, I’m not trying to say he needs to stop, and nothing is likely to happen if he stays small and local, but it’s something to be aware of.

Comment

Great work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Super Nice

Comment

Like button

Comment

Good talent. Push that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                                Good talent. Push that.

Most definitely. He’s getting to be quite talented. If he doesn’t go to college to play baseball, he’ll most likely go to trade school.

Comment

Working...
                                X