I Bought a Freeze Dryer - Harvest Right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scotty View Post
    I never considered myself a "prepper", until a few months ago...
    I don't have a freeze dryer, but I do dehydrate some.
    The pressure canning is another story. I'm up to three canners now and have them all going on the weekends when I'm home.

I have a couple of pressure canners, as well, and I think they (along with jars and PLENTY of lids) are an important tool to have for emergency preps. If power goes out for an extended time, having a pressure canner will be the best way to preserve perishable foods that might otherwise spoil.

However, I recently saw that pressure canned foods lose about 60% of their nutritional value. [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Wish you were closer. I want one of these really awful. I’d be bartering like no ones business.
      Had a demo going in my local ace hardware two weeks ago.
      I got sticker shock when I saw the price.
      I agree with your justification.
      In for the videos…..

Comment

You can dehydrate eggs in a regular dehydrator. You just need to get the silicon trays with a lip that fits. Let them dry, run them through a food processor until they are powder and dry them again for another hour. I store mine in Mason jars with an oxygen absorber. Keeps for a long time.
        I sure didn’t know that. I’ll give it a try

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          I sure didn’t know that. I’ll give it a try
          I should have added, whip them up like you are going to scramble them and pour onto the sheets.

Comment

Heads up, the affiliate program links you posted aren't working when I click on them. If I'm being honest, this thread came off like a TV infomercial.

But wait, there's more...

Comment

I should have added, whip them up like you are going to scramble them and pour onto the sheets.
              I had a feeling that was the case but thank you

Comment

interesting. Never got into the canned meats. But will wait to see you eat some.

Comment

Originally posted by HankTheTank View Post
                  Heads up, the affiliate program links you posted aren't working when I click on them. If I'm being honest, this thread came off like a TV infomercial.

But wait, there's more...

Really? I posted because I think I’m still trying to justify (in my own mind) spending that kind of money on a product designed to make $10 backpacking meals! LOL!

The affiliate link (approved for my YT channel) should simply send you to the base HR website. Where is it directing you?

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
                    interesting. Never got into the canned meats. But will wait to see you eat some.

I’ve eaten quite a bit of canned meat. It’s not bad. Good for a quick meal.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

You can dehydrate eggs in a regular dehydrator. You just need to get the silicon trays with a lip that fits. Let them dry, run them through a food processor until they are powder and dry them again for another hour. I store mine in Mason jars with an oxygen absorber. Keeps for a long time.
                      Water glassed eggs are way better than dehydrated eggs imo. More of a texture thing but to me dehydrated are grainy like sand.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        I’ve eaten quite a bit of canned meat. It’s not bad. Good for a quick meal.

I agree. Canned meat isn’t bad at all when seasoned and canned with onion.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          Really? I posted because I think I’m still trying to justify (in my own mind) spending that kind of money on a product designed to make $10 backpacking meals! LOL!

The affiliate link (approved for my YT channel) should simply send you to the base HR website. Where is it directing you?

This is the address that fails to open in my browser, exactly as it appears in the address bar...

http://“https//affiliates.harvestright.com/1514.html%22

Comment

Ok, thanks. I corrected it in the original. It appeared correctly on my laptop.

The correct link is: https://affiliates.harvestright.com/1514.html

I bought mine used on FB Marketplace, but if anybody wants to buy direct, you can use my affiliate link and maybe I can buy a few extra mylar bags!
                            My Flickr Photos

Comment

I love freeze dried fruits but as far as meat goes as long as I have a freezer working thats gonna be a hard pass lol. I am curious though to see how it turns out. My mind just cant right now [emoji23]

Comment

I just got one too. Haven't even done the first bread run to clean it out yet. Looking forward to find out what I can do with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X