• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hogs and cows shake them empty
    In a week at our lease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

36" legs cut @ 22D makes it easy to fill. That is 1" square tubing, with 1-1/2"x1/8" angle iron base. I use 1/2" EMT conduit for the solar panel wires. This is about as varmint proof as it gets for me, as I don't like the cages.

We don't have cows or hogs, but if i did I would just skate the legs. This set up keeps the coons & squirrels at bay. No more ripped out, chewed up solar panel wires. Even the cheap metal flex that comes on the solar panels these day are no match.

I would like to try out one of Snipers new zappers, and get rid of the eliminator plate.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Palmetto; 03-09-2021, 07:37 AM.

Comment

That’s a great looking set up Palmetto but I’m wondering how long that Eliminator or SpinTech spinner plate will last with coons being able to get to it so easily and hang on to it? Some of those bastages are relentless overachievers and might be able to weaken the spring over time. Idk, but I agree with you that I don’t like the cages either. Especially the small wire cages that restrict the distance the corn throws.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
          That’s a great looking set up Palmetto but I’m wondering how long that Eliminator or SpinTech spinner plate will last with coons being able to get to it so easily and hang on to it? Some of those bastages are relentless overachievers and might be able to weaken the spring over time. Idk, but I agree with you that I don’t like the cages either. Especially the small wire cages that restrict the distance the corn throws.
          Thanks. Going on 4 years of trouble free service!

Comment

Thanks everyone for sharing your ideas. Now I just need to roundup some materials and roll out the welding machine.

Comment

Went to metal scrap yard and bought heavy- duty bed frames and made feeders with. I spent $10 per frame to build my bases.

Comment

I like this one I built, but the coons do spin the tray through the square panel. It is hog and javi proof though.

Comment

Have you guys not heard about hog panels? LOL

Comment

Some good ideas here. Thanks

Comment

Anyone know a good place to get 2"x2" heavy wire panels? I'm about to build two S&Fs but I'd really like a smaller mesh "cage".

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                        36" legs cut @ 22D makes it easy to fill. That is 1" square tubing, with 1-1/2"x1/8" angle iron base. I use 1/2" EMT conduit for the solar panel wires. This is about as varmint proof as it gets for me, as I don't like the cages.

We don't have cows or hogs, but if i did I would just skate the legs. This set up keeps the coons & squirrels at bay. No more ripped out, chewed up solar panel wires. Even the cheap metal flex that comes on the solar panels these day are no match.

I would like to try out one of Snipers new zappers, and get rid of the eliminator plate.
                        Now that is Jam Up.. I like that..

Comment

I've got 2 12-foot sections of 1" square tubing looking for someone to built me one of these. Somewhere in NTX would be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                            Is yours hog tested? I have been thinking about converting my taller ones. Concerned about the hogs though.

I took number 4 rebar and made candy canes and drive them through the plate welded on the leg. I had to move it one time and then used 4 1/2 ‘ candy canes and ran them through the top where the barrel sits in all 4 corners. So far my big arse pigs have not tipped it.

Comment

Working...
                            X