No announcement yet.

Shnf '18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you get a pic of the knuckle for Daniel?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
      Did you get a pic of the knuckle for Daniel?

Heck yea. Let’s see it. Whoop whoop

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
        Heck yea. Let’s see it. Whoop whoop
        I seen some the last couples days, in scrubs, at the hospital. Some were scary

Comment

Gross no. Lol.

Comment

Well boys I am back this year. I have never taken a buck off this National Forest and every year I don't come back out and try. Well this year I am determined. I started hunting out here 5 maybe 6 years ago and 2 years I didn't come out. All of the years to no avail. Well I will be thru hiking the LSHT this next week. So hopefully some good scouting can come from this. I have always tried but never succeeded. I have bagged many a deer and bird at this point. But nothing from the Sam. Which saddens me. While I was gone I did a lot of hiking. Hiked the Appalachian trail last year and hiked the Continental Divide Trail this year. So my woodsmarts is a lot more dialed in. Also my fear of being alone in the woods is gone. Even though these attack pigs might provoke me to bring my pistol. I will provide meat from this forest this year. Even if its a doe in archery. BLOOD WILL FALL.

Comment

Originally posted by Deertropolis243 View Post
              Well boys I am back this year. I have never taken a buck off this National Forest and every year I don't come back out and try. Well this year I am determined. I started hunting out here 5 maybe 6 years ago and 2 years I didn't come out. All of the years to no avail. Well I will be thru hiking the LSHT this next week. So hopefully some good scouting can come from this. I have always tried but never succeeded. I have bagged many a deer and bird at this point. But nothing from the Sam. Which saddens me. While I was gone I did a lot of hiking. Hiked the Appalachian trail last year and hiked the Continental Divide Trail this year. So my woodsmarts is a lot more dialed in. Also my fear of being alone in the woods is gone. Even though these attack pigs might provoke me to bring my pistol. I will provide meat from this forest this year. Even if its a doe in archery. BLOOD WILL FALL.
              There ya go. Some times you gotta get mad at em. Good luck.

Comment

I must be doing it wrong, I still end up with nothing [emoji23]. Also the white oaks at the university are starting to drop a little more consistently, the forest probably isn't too far behind.
                Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                There ya go. Some times you gotta get mad at em. Good luck.
                Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
                  I must be doing it wrong, I still end up with nothing [emoji23]. Also the white oaks at the university are starting to drop a little more consistently, the forest probably isn't too far behind.

I will be hiking the whole forest next week from West to East. Also doing some added scouting trips. So I will be adding in updates of conditions after this weather system we are about to get. It will be nice to get into that forest again this time really get a feel for it. Maybe I will find a Deer Camp that I have to hike into for this year. Be deep in the woods not far from spot. Which brings a question about primitive camping. Can you camp anywhere in the forest as long as you Leave No Trace? Or as long as you pack up the next day?

Comment

Say if I wanted to just wander around and spot and stalk. But continuously move?

Comment

I will be hiking the whole forest next week from West to East. Also doing some added scouting trips. So I will be adding in updates of conditions after this weather system we are about to get. It will be nice to get into that forest again this time really get a feel for it. Maybe I will find a Deer Camp that I have to hike into for this year. Be deep in the woods not far from spot. Which brings a question about primitive camping. Can you camp anywhere in the forest as long as you Leave No Trace? Or as long as you pack up the next day?
                      You have to camp in designated camping areas during deer season. If you want to camp while you're scouting before the season starts though you're good.

Comment

Hiking the AT and the continental divide is no small feat, I am impressed! How long id it take you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We had a big deal around that a couple years back. I can't remember the outcome but there was talk about designated camping spots along the trail. Huntinfool might remember what the decision was

Comment

. 2018 hunting rig winner. Halon 32. Thanks Texas archery for helping me out on such short notice.

Comment

Originally posted by PineyWoodsBow View Post
                              Hiking the AT and the continental divide is no small feat, I am impressed! How long id it take you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              The AT took 7 months and the CDT took 5 months. Awesome experience

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                                . 2018 hunting rig winner. Halon 32. Thanks Texas archery for helping me out on such short notice.
                                Since when do you need help with bows? I mean, you are your own bow shop

Comment

Working...
                                X