X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
    Great thread!

I'm about to treat algae and pond weed.

Any thoughts/advice on using Cutrine plus(liquid) for the algae and Aquathol K(liquid) for the pondweed?

What's the main difference between using the granular vs liquid?
    You are right on track, just space the out so you don’t rapidly deplete oxygen.

I like liquid for ease of handling and application.

Comment

Here is a “jar test.” We use this to determine how much product is needed for water clarity. Before, and 3 days after.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
        You are right on track, just space the out so you don’t rapidly deplete oxygen.

I like liquid for ease of handling and application.
        I have some salt cedars moving in around the pond. Lots of new growth this year, I feel like I need to do something now or it's going to get out of hand real fast. Any recommendations on a good herbicide for them? They're not in the water right now, but headed that way really fast.

Comment

I'd like to put in a couple of wildlife waterholes. I've used the containers with some success, but I want to go bigger. Excavator can dig the holes for me. Any suggestions on how to line the bottoms to keep water in them?

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
            I'd like to put in a couple of wildlife waterholes. I've used the containers with some success, but I want to go bigger. Excavator can dig the holes for me. Any suggestions on how to line the bottoms to keep water in them?
            Pond liners work great for small water holes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
              Pond liners work great for small water holes.

Where is the best place to looks for available sizes of pond liners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I tried pond liners and unfortunately didn’t have a ton of success. Was hoping for some sort of a substance that could be spread on and dry hard.

Comment

I tried pond liners and unfortunately didn’t have a ton of success. Was hoping for some sort of a substance that could be spread on and dry hard.
                  Bentonite can be used to seal a pond.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                    Bentonite can be used to seal a pond.
                    Bentonite is an option, so is bringing in clay.

Comment

Does your lake builder check their work and set waterlines like this?
                      Attached Files

Comment

I’ve got a 1/2 acre pond in Point Blank that is in need of a redo. Anyone know of someone in this area to perform this work?
                        Point Blank is between Huntsville and Livingston on Hwy 190.

Comment

Sippy, What is the best treatment for American Pondweed. I have used diquat and cutrine b and both together at recommended rates and even a little hotter with poor results it browns then comes right back, have treated 3 times last 2 months. My place is in goliad about 3 acres. we do add water from an irrigation well occasionally. I am an pvt applicator just for my place. any better idea? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by stickbow View Post
                            Sippy, What is the best treatment for American Pondweed. I have used diquat and cutrine b and both together at recommended rates and even a little hotter with poor results it browns then comes right back, have treated 3 times last 2 months. My place is in goliad about 3 acres. we do add water from an irrigation well occasionally. I am an pvt applicator just for my place. any better idea? thanks
                            We use ProcellaCor (have to be certified through Sepro to apply)

Before ProcellaCor, we used Aquathol K (endothall)

Comment

So I want to get more weeds established in my ponds for water fowl. We through some in from another pond but it did not seem to take. Do I need to stomp it in the mud. These are submerged type weeds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sippy, do you do work in the Woodlands / Conroe area? Our neighborhood has 2 large ski lakes and would like someone to look into clearing up the water in one of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X