Savage 24 “ predator” ?? Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savage 24 “ predator” ?? Help

Have a Savage 24 someone told me it is a predator model? I’m unsure and looking for info, as I may sell . It is 223/12g camo synthetic of some sort, has interchangeable choke 24” barrel , and a scope mounting lug on top. I am familiar with the old wood 24 , this one is different, only marked as 24 on receiver . Any info and potential real value would be helpful

Up

Comment

It's a 24F, I think they were made in the late 90s to early 2000s. They were the last of the Model 24s. They came with synthetic stocks, and were the only time the Model 24 had a 12 ga. barrel available, and also the only time they came from the factory with screw in chokes.

I was looking for a 30-30 Model 24, some guy offered me one a 24F, in 30-30/12 ga. combo. I turned it down then realized later I should have bought it. I wanted one of the older more original Model 24s. But that last version, is probably a very good hunting gun. As for value, those are probably some of the lower valued Model 24s, their value varies depending on who the buyers are.

That would be a nice gun to have.

Comment

Pretty cool

Comment

I bid $35. Did I win ?

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
            It's a 24F, I think they were made in the late 90s to early 2000s. They were the last of the Model 24s. They came with synthetic stocks, and were the only time the Model 24 had a 12 ga. barrel available, and also the only time they came from the factory with screw in chokes.

I was looking for a 30-30 Model 24, some guy offered me one a 24F, in 30-30/12 ga. combo. I turned it down then realized later I should have bought it. I wanted one of the older more original Model 24s. But that last version, is probably a very good hunting gun. As for value, those are probably some of the lower valued Model 24s, their value varies depending on who the buyers are.

That would be a nice gun to have.
            Great info sir, thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              I bid $35. Did I win ?
              There is some TBH pricing, right there.

Comment

Originally posted by vanmedic View Post
                Great info sir, thank you
                I will say TBH pricing, is one end of the pricing scale and Gunbroker, is the other end of the pricing scale. I got my 30-30/20 ga. in very good condition for $550. But I can tell you that on Gunbroker, the price is usually double that. The older models there are collectors that do or did pay a lot more than I would have ever guessed. I just read one guy saying he sold a Model 24F for a lot more than I would have guessed those would sell for. He claimed $800, had to have been a collector he sold it to for that price.

There are probably not too many collectors looking for those versions, but I could be wrong, I have been multiple times. There have been collectors who paid well over a grand for numerous of the older guns. Now there is a guy who has three Model 24s and two extra barrels for sale, I think he wants $3500 for all, and won't sell them individually or come down on the price. He has been trying to sell them for a while. Not sure why he has to sell them all together. He has one of the rarest combos in his collection, he has a 357 Mag./20 ga.. Those are the most sought after versions, that people are willing to pay the most for. I would like to have one, in 22 Hornet, or 222 or maybe 223. More so the 22 Hornet or 222, because I have never owned either of those calibers.

They made a turkey special or turkey hunter special, something along those lines, that is camoed. I know those came in 223/12 ga., maybe 30-30/12 ga., I am sure of the 223/12 ga., that may be the only combo they came in. Not so sure, your's is not one of turkey hunter models.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                  I will say TBH pricing, is one end of the pricing scale and Gunbroker, is the other end of the pricing scale. I got my 30-30/20 ga. in very good condition for $550. But I can tell you that on Gunbroker, the price is usually double that. The older models there are collectors that do or did pay a lot more than I would have ever guessed. I just read one guy saying he sold a Model 24F for a lot more than I would have guessed those would sell for. He claimed $800, had to have been a collector he sold it to for that price.

There are probably not too many collectors looking for those versions, but I could be wrong, I have been multiple times. There have been collectors who paid well over a grand for numerous of the older guns. Now there is a guy who has three Model 24s and two extra barrels for sale, I think he wants $3500 for all, and won't sell them individually or come down on the price. He has been trying to sell them for a while. Not sure why he has to sell them all together. He has one of the rarest combos in his collection, he has a 357 Mag./20 ga.. Those are the most sought after versions, that people are willing to pay the most for. I would like to have one, in 22 Hornet, or 222 or maybe 223. More so the 22 Hornet or 222, because I have never owned either of those calibers.

They made a turkey special or turkey hunter special, something along those lines, that is camoed. I know those came in 223/12 ga., maybe 30-30/12 ga., I am sure of the 223/12 ga., that may be the only combo they came in. Not so sure, your's is not one of turkey hunter models.
                  Thank you sir, trying to get ideas, going to be selling some of moms collection , which was my pops. He has take down brownings .22 , Winchester pump.22s , carbine sharps, Winchester 101, Benelli super 90, rock River AR, and many more, but she is taking it very slowly. I purchased a few from her myself , on fixed income it helps her out, also have a lot of my pops handmade knives from 70,s through 2000’s he passed 1.5 years ago he made knives over 50 yrs. So just starting to help get things together for her.

Comment

Working...
                  X