No announcement yet.

The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got me a sow the other night and hope to do some more hunting this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's been a few days, but got two pigs with one shot(I wish on purpose) hung my sling on the second shot, got another pig with the third. Using a Deserttech MDRX in 308 with a ATN ThOR4 640 and a YHM resonator. Love this setup!

Sent from my ASUS_I002D using Tapatalk

Comment

Another video from Bazo. If anyone else has videos that they need help sharing PM me and I can put it on youtube. As you will see in the descriptions I put on youtube I dont take credit for the hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by static99899 View Post
          It's been a few days, but got two pigs with one shot(I wish on purpose) hung my sling on the second shot, got another pig with the third. Using a Deserttech MDRX in 308 with a ATN ThOR4 640 and a YHM resonator. Love this setup!

Can’t wait for my resonator r2 it’s going to be a long wait!

How do like the Thor? Any issues I hear it’s very hot or miss on theM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
            Another video from Bazo. If anyone else has videos that they need help sharing PM me and I can put it on youtube. As you will see in the descriptions I put on youtube I dont take credit for the hunt.

https://youtu.be/2jXMu3EWdnw
            Thanks for posting. This thermal predator hunting is quickly becoming one of my favorite things to do.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
              Can’t wait for my resonator r2 it’s going to be a long wait!

How do like the Thor? Any issues I hear it’s very hot or miss on theM.
              The resonator is the best you can buy IMHO.

I love the ThOR4, it's only froze up twice in six months and both times a quick reboot fixed it.

I know some folks will balk at this next comment, but my dad has two Halo LRs and two Trijicon Hunter mkiii's and only the Halo has an edge on the ThOR4, and it's most noticable when humidity is really high. Otherwise, I'm going to say there's only about a 5-8% difference in image quality.

Comment

So what’s the best thermal for this year?

I’ve been wanting the Thermion because it looks more like a rifle scope but want to make sure I’m not missing out on much better performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

I’ve been wanting the Thermion because it looks more like a rifle scope but want to make sure I’m not missing out on much better performance.

I'd recommend going to Cabela's or Ultimate night vision in fort worth and looking through them yourself. This stuff can be so subjective for the end user. Plus you always have fanboys pushing their favorite. I prefer my ThOR4 but my dad prefers his HaloLR. Just my 2¢

Comment

Holler at Jason at Outdoor Legacy. He is a great guy and will get you set up right. Budget and average shot distance to determine what base magnification you need is a good start.

Comment

the one I got for sale is pretty awesome if you want a smoking deal on a used one. I agree with giving Jason a call if shopping for new stuff.... dude knows thermal.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                        the one I got for sale is pretty awesome if you want a smoking deal on a used one. I agree with giving Jason a call if shopping for new stuff.... dude knows thermal.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                        That’s a smoking deal!

Comment

Had a couple of successful hunts from week before last. Ended up with two coyotes. I missed the fox but I thought I included it in the footage because if you listen close enough he was behind me barking at me at about 10-15 yards. Scared the mess out of me. Screaming grey fox brought the two coyotes in.

Comment

I’d look at Iray Rico 640 (iray currently has a special and you get the laser range finder for free) . I’ve had a Nvision halo lr and pulsar thermion XG50.. Currently have a iray 640 and like it the best. Hit up Jason @outdoorlegacy. He’s the man
                            Last edited by kkp005; 09-26-2021, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Another one of Bazo's hunts. Two hogs down.

Comment

Finally
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X