The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
    While I do think the pulsar app needs work for sure I haven’t had any issues lately. I’ve got 2 LRF2s and an XG Thermion. It’s been working just fine on all 3.

I turn airplane mode on, and disconnect from the house WiFi. Then connect only to the pulsar, and in 2-3 minutes I can have any video on my phone.
    Just tried this and I have tried a dozen other ways that people say to do and it can never connect. Worked great for the first few months and then out of the blue on the same device it decided to stop working. I have even unistalled the app and reinstalled it but no luck. I find it strange that I cant download the update to my computer and then transfer the file to the scope.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
      Just tried this and I have tried a dozen other ways that people say to do and it can never connect. Worked great for the first few months and then out of the blue on the same device it decided to stop working. I have even unistalled the app and reinstalled it but no luck. I find it strange that I cant download the update to my computer and then transfer the file to the scope.
      One update I had constant issues with like you’re describing. I was eventually able to connect and update again though. I wonder if that’s the case. I prefer not to update now until I’ve heard some reviews and make sure people aren’t having issues.

Comment

Ended up with one coyote last night. Was using a couple of rabbit in distress calls with no luck for about 15 mins, switched to a bird distress called nutty nuthatch when a fox came up right behind me and barked at me which scared the mess out of me. I turned around and fired a shot after he was behind some brush but missed. I think switched the call to grey fox in distress hoping to get him or another fox to come out when this coyote snuck up behind me since I was then pointed the direction of the fox.......... Shocking that I ended up with anything with all the moving I was having to do. I will upload a video later this week of the miss and hit.
        Attached Files

Comment

I finally got my XP50 firmware updated. There is a stream vision 2 Beta app out there now that worked perfectly. I specifically had to do a search for stream vision 2 to get it to pop up. I deleted the other app and downloaded the 2 Beta version and all is good......... for now lol.

Comment

Ended up with one coyote last night. Was using a couple of rabbit in distress calls with no luck for about 15 mins, switched to a bird distress called nutty nuthatch when a fox came up right behind me and barked at me which scared the mess out of me. I turned around and fired a shot after he was behind some brush but missed. I think switched the call to grey fox in distress hoping to get him or another fox to come out when this coyote snuck up behind me since I was then pointed the direction of the fox.......... Shocking that I ended up with anything with all the moving I was having to do. I will upload a video later this week of the miss and hit.
            That is one of my favorite sounds out there for when the rabbits aren't doing the trick. And grey fox distress seems to work great as a coyote sound as well as fox sound.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Another video Bazo gave me to upload from a hunt last week.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                That is one of my favorite sounds out there for when the rabbits aren't doing the trick. And grey fox distress seems to work great as a coyote sound as well as fox sound.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
                I have had more luck with the grey fox distress and nutty nuthatch than anything including the rabbit sounds. I know that sounds crazy and folks are probably going to tell me that I am not doing the rabbit sequencing right (and they probably are right) but I have had the best luck with these two sounds.

Comment

Any Rico RH50’s sold from now to 11/30 will get a free LRF with them. Priced at $800 otherwise.

We are excited to announce that the ILR-1000 is now available as a plug-and-play laser rangefinder for the RICO Mk1. Through November 30th we have a special deal on the ILR-1000. Ask your dealer...

Comment

going to list a Thermion XG50 in the classifieds later if anyone is looking for one.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                      going to list a Thermion XG50 in the classifieds later if anyone is looking for one.

How much?

Comment

How much?
                        how much you got? haha.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                          how much you got? haha.

Prolly not enough lol

Comment

Prolly not enough lol
                            sent you a pm of what I'm thinking for now. has an extra battery and will have qd rings too.

Comment

Not sure if anyone is in the market for an IR laser. If so, then KosherSurplus.com has the Steiner CQBLs at $589. That’s cheaper than I bought my first one 7 years ago at dealer cost. I snagged another one yesterday in case I ever feel the need to shoot with my PVS.

Comment

Got a redemption hog last night after I totally botched it on a group of 15 missed them all! Then I walked up on a little group I never saw them got either 20 yards when they ran out of cover and grunted at me. Shot this one with a 6.5grendel probably 40 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X