No announcement yet.

Rocksprings land overload?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mix in some anthrax and hundreds of “ranchetts” being sold and the population of hunters skyrockets and population of deer will start declining.

Seems like for every one 1000+ acre ranch being sold without being split up there are 5 of them being sold and split up into 50-100 acre parcels. Nothing wrong with that but just remember when 2500 acres gets split into 25 separate 100 acre parcels you just increased the amount of hunters by a minimum of 25 times (in your case with two people hunting the tract then it’s 50x’s, so set your expectations correctly and you’ll be bueno.

Best of luck on your search and yes the rock springs area seems to be the highest influx of people and this ranch splitting situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
      Nice cars have been at food banks for years. Typical democrats.
      Mostly just, well you know .
      A dirt poor mother and her kids walk out, and some idiot dressed to the nines pulls up in a escalade with sum twanky fo's, hands out, looking for all he can get.
      Back in my youth I got 180 hrs of CS to complete my deferred adjudication requirements, and I got stuck at a food bank.
      Working there will make you want to commit some crime
      Even the people running the show would be upset, but nothing they could do about it, and they came like a flood .

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
        Back in my youth I got 180 hrs of CS to complete my deferred adjudication requirements, and I got stuck at a food bank.
        Working there will make you want to commit some crime
        :.
        Thug Life.

Comment

Rocksprings land overload?

Originally posted by Abu_dude View Post
          So what was the check station there testing for? Anthrax?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was not, and is not now, any check station in Sonora!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Last edited by Bisch; 01-09-2022, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Normal for that area always lots of tracks for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              There was not, and is not now, any check station in Sonora!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My apologies, it was Segovia, not Sonora

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                the reason there are so many tracts for sale is due to all of the new subdivisions going in. a lot of the old ranches are being split up.
                Unfortunately this.

What made the hill country popular is being lost.
                Beautiful views, country life, no traffic, miles of open roads, etc.
                I was blessed to hunt somewhere in the hill country for past 50 yrs.

BP

Comment

Yup, old ranches being split up by the kids who have inherited the land. No desire to enjoy what they probably did growing up. Money is their new passion, one day they will be looking for the solitude that the old place gave them. They aren't making any more land, just a sad fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu_dude View Post
                    So what was the check station there testing for? Anthrax?

They are testing our deer in Liberty County for CWD.

Just because they are testing does not mean there has been a case in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                      I get why they are doing it. More why other counties are not doing more of it. Not a big fan of it but Edwards is super common.

Other counties have different restrictions on splitting places up. Luckily.

Comment

I have been looking myself and like mentioned they are mostly all subdivided places.

And most of it is west, which is a farther drive and more then most people wanna drive

Comment

Working...
                        X