Trapping season 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
    Busy weekend. In addition to finishing up a welding job I put super stakes with 20” of #3 mb chain on 5 dozen traps and built five drags I’m really pleased with.
    Five dozen!
    Did you pick up more land to trap?

Comment

How would you set traps around a carcass? How far away would you set the traps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
        How would you set traps around a carcass? How far away would you set the traps?

I would back off at least 30yds unless you want to try and free a buzzard or raptor.

Comment

Do you put some sent or glad lire near the trap site?

Comment

Flat set or scent post with urine and gland lure is what I have been told

I don't trap around a carcass much, caught one black headed buzzard the only time I tried it. Don't care about them but have hawks, eagles and even a pair of caracaras that will work carcasses at the spot I dump them in back of my place and don't want to catch any of them

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
              Five dozen!
              Did you pick up more land to trap?
              I was only able to trap about 50% of our lease due to high water. If it ever dries out enough for me to access the other half I’m going to set the whole 2k acres hopefully late summer or early fall. I’d love to take on more properties though.
              Last edited by sharkhunter; 04-06-2022, 09:39 PM.

Comment

I was only able to trap about 50% of our lease due to high water. If it ever dries out enough for me to access the other half I’m going to set the whole 2k acres hopefully late summer or early fall. I’d love to take on more properties though.
                Gotcha! I knew you wanted the expand to other properties. I didn't recall you not being able to trap such a large portion of your lease.

Comment

Decent size male also caught a small female all caught in snares this morning.

Comment

The female was a little ticked off.

Comment

Well the local coyotes took revenge on me. Dug into our chicken coup and killed 15 chickens. Gloves are off now lol ! I haven’t trapped around the house because of so many non target animals. I have three snares in and around the coupe and two walk thru sets on the trails I found feathers on. I have to hand it to them other than a few feathers and a couple of tracks they did a professional hit job. In and out and non of my 4 biscuit eater heard a thing.

Comment

F&T has Duke #4 four coil traps on sale for April.
                        Specials are individual products which are "on sale" for a limited time.  Specials change monthly. Closeouts are items which we still have in stock, but that we will no longer be carrying once our current inventory is gone.  Closeout items will remain on this page until all have been sold.  The New Products categories feature some of the items that we started carrying in the last few months.

Comment

Got a turkey killer last night in the snare

Comment

Nice cat

Comment

This makes #19. Got him on a compass set with
                              MJ widow maker, gland lure and fox and coyote urine. Different smell in each hole. MB 550 4coil full pad catch.
                              This one was a challenge. He was a
                              digger and always wanted to circle and not commit on dirt holes. Good blended flat set is becoming my favorite set.
                              Attached Files

Comment

This makes #19. Got him on a compass set with
                                MJ widow maker, gland lure and fox and coyote urine. Different smell in each hole. MB 550 4coil full pad catch.
                                This one was a challenge. He was a
                                digger and always wanted to circle and not commit on dirt holes. Good blended flat set is becoming my favorite set.
                                Pretty work! The hard ones are the most satisfying. I have a big ol deer killer I’ve been working on! Trapped 12 days and almost got him the last night before I had to pull my traps due to other obligations. He missed my pan by less than 1”

Comment

Working...
                                X