Lighted nocks suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighted nocks suggestions

Are nockturnals still the favored go to for trad lighted nocks? Im in the market for acquiring some lighted nocks.

Ive a set of glory nocks. Ive used them during practice and hunting before. The nocks have a tendency to turn on when I draw back…3 under on 60” bow. I allow that the string angle and nock throat depth play a crucial roll in this union and have found the shallow throat of S nocks dont play well with my setup. I shot a doe a couple seasons ago with the glorys and she immediately flopped and the nock stabbed into the soil subsequently turning it off…however she was down for the count. After that I got away from using them.

Ive read the past threads and it doesnt seem that this topic has been rehashed since about 2017.

Thanks for your suggestions and any guidance.
    Byron

Originally posted by el_tejas_gringo View Post
    I honestly use the Chinese knockoffs from Amazon. They work just as well, and are a fraction of the price. I'll include the link to the ones I always get.

https://www.amazon.com/XHYCKJ-Lighte...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
    These are what I use also. No issues at all for me.

Comment

I've been using the NAP Thunderglo. Works well. Most of the time I get several dead animals out of them before they either quit working or lost. The key is to clean the blood out quickly after a kill.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Gives me more options.

Comment

Originally posted by el_tejas_gringo View Post
          I honestly use the Chinese knockoffs from Amazon. They work just as well, and are a fraction of the price. I'll include the link to the ones I always get.

These things say they last 60hrs vs 20 hrs with Nockturnals. Wow. Can anybody confirm this?

Comment

I can’t vouch for how long a Nocturnal will stay on, but I still have the arrow I shot my first bow deer with from 9 years ago, and it still turns on and glows, lol. Those things last!

Comment

Will these fit Gold Tips?

QUOTE=el_tejas_gringo;15870597]I honestly use the Chinese knockoffs from Amazon. They work just as well, and are a fraction of the price. I'll include the link to the ones I always get.

https://www.amazon.com/XHYCKJ-Lighte...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                I've been using the NAP Thunderglo. Works well. Most of the time I get several dead animals out of them before they either quit working or lost. The key is to clean the blood out quickly after a kill.
                I was looking at those just last night.

I've built my own, but don't want to mess with making them fit these skinny carbon shafts. If I decide to buy some, these are what I'll get.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
                  Will these fit Gold Tips?

QUOTE=el_tejas_gringo;15870597]I honestly use the Chinese knockoffs from Amazon. They work just as well, and are a fraction of the price. I'll include the link to the ones I always get.

[/QUOTE]

Yes. I have cheap GoldTip Hunters for pigs and theses knocks fit them.

Comment

I second the Amazon knock-offs. I just bought a 6 pack a couple weeks ago. They fit my Gold Tip arrows well. I can’t speak for longevity, but first impressions are positive.

Skooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good intel push Yall.

Comment

I have only used the nockturnals as I haven’t needed to look elsewhere. They advertise 20 hours but I never turned mine off a couple weeks ago on a buck I shot and it was glowing for a solid 72 hours.

Comment

Working...
                        X