No announcement yet.

Clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm cheap. I bought the Walmart wind/water proof breathable scent control pants and jacket. I paid just under $80 for the set. They are fleece-like on the outside so they make absolutely no noise. So far crawling around the thick Virginia woods they have not ripped or been hung up on anything. They have kept me warm on 30 deg mornings.

Comment

I've heard good things about the Heater Body Suit, but its pricey.

I'm currently running with Bass Pro's Mountain Stalker Bibs and jacket that I put over a wooly pulley and a pair of fleece pants, which go over merino a wool base layer, top and bottoms.

The most economical option is to buy something windproof, and then go and buy an M65 jacket liner and pants liner. Its the poor man's micropuff. Last year when we had the bad snowstorm I wound up having to wear the pants liner under my mountain stalker gear to stay warm. I hope we don't get an ice storm like that this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Walding1989 View Post
        That's what I wear unless it's a ballfroster and I'm sitting in the stand with no heater
        You wear the guide pants and jacket? Does it seem to be as high quality as I imagine? They seem like a real quality company. I'd like to get a set.

Comment

I wear Patagonia expedition weight Capilene for a base layer. They started making this stuff before UA was even an idea, it is what folks who climb big mountains, or trek across Antarctica wear. http://www.patagonia.com/us/shop/mens-baselayer?k=1D-6M

For an outer layer, I wear Arctic Shield H4 jacket and pants.

Comment

Originally posted by Shallowater View Post
            You wear the guide pants and jacket? Does it seem to be as high quality as I imagine? They seem like a real quality company. I'd like to get a set.
            yeah I have the guide pants and jacket it is really high quality stuff I would not hesitate to buy it again.

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts guys

Comment

all my box blind clothes, are same thing youd find me in walmart wearing..
                in the trees, or wood, all ive converted to is sitka

Comment

Game Winner at Acadamy makes some good stuff and it pretty cheap.

Comment

Guess I will be the first to say Predator. I really like the adrenaline line for mid season and the fleece for when its nice and cold.

Comment

I wear sitka and cabelas outfitter series, no cotton, either wool or the under armor type material

Comment

I bought the under armour speed freek set this year and love it. Really comfy.

Comment

I have been really happy with pnuma clothing. Pricey but it is a good layering system. Their jackets have a slit in the back so you can wear a harness under the jacket and thread the tether through the slit.

Comment

I started using Kryptek last year and their Vellus line is a wind proof fleece, kept me toasty warm when the temps were around 20 degrees.

Plus its a veteran owned company.

Ultimate Tactical and Hunting Apparel Gear. Explore our high-performance hunting clothing, accessories, to keep you comfortable in the great outdoors.

Comment

I have used peacocks discount code for a while and have found them to be okay.

Comment

Just got a box of Sitka gear in today. Being that I got it a super good price, I like it so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X