No announcement yet.

Did this tree make a dog sick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That little boy has grown into a full grown, fine looking man hasn't he? I can remember pictures of him when he was little and think how could that ugly ol" Shane have such a cute little boy. Your wife is probably gorgeous. You should be one proud Daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
      That little boy has grown into a full grown, fine looking man hasn't he? I can remember pictures of him when he was little and think how could that ugly ol" Shane have such a cute little boy. Your wife is probably gorgeous. You should be one proud Daddy.
      Ha! Yeah, she's WAY better looking than me (not saying much). The kids benefitted from that. Zach and Morgan are both grown and married nowadays. Me and ol' Zach have been hunting together for a long time. Lord willing, that trend will continue for many more moons.
      Attached Files

Comment

Glad the dog's ok. I doubt the china berries made him sick, but if they did you can be pretty sure the dog won't eat them again. Dogs are pretty good about that.

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
          Good ammo for slingshots.
          Bad to shoot them and spread the seeds.
          And the forked limbs make good slingshot handles
          Green china berry sling shot fights. Oh the memories we old timers have!

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
            Glad the dog's ok. I doubt the china berries made him sick, but if they did you can be pretty sure the dog won't eat them again. Dogs are pretty good about that.
            A couple days earlier, she either had a seizure or a really wild dream. They were hollering at her to wake up when she started convulsing while sleeping. Finally got her to wake up, and she was seemingly OK. They still aren't sure if that was a seizure or just a wild dream. But seizures are another result of chinaberry ingestion, apparently.

The Colorado State University Guide to Poisonous Plants database lists trees, shrubs and perennials that can be harmful to animals. The Poisonous Plant Guide is constructed to enable location of a plant by either knowing the common or botanical name of the plant.

Comment

Should be able to legally cut down any branches that hang over the fence line onto your son's property and then you wouldn't have to worry about getting the neighbor on board with cutting it down entirely. With both houses being rentals I could see how coordinating renter and owner to have it removed would be a pain, unless you're offering to cover all costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                A couple days earlier, she either had a seizure or a really wild dream. They were hollering at her to wake up when she started convulsing while sleeping. Finally got her to wake up, and she was seemingly OK. They still aren't sure if that was a seizure or just a wild dream. But seizures are another result of chinaberry ingestion, apparently.

https://csuvth.colostate.edu/poisono...nts/Details/78

I have four of these trees in the back yard and they're huge. I see squirrels eat the bark and trim it to make nests but I've never seen any of the 6 dogs we've had here eat the berries, or any of the dozens of puppies we've raised to 7 weeks old. The dogs have eaten batteries, boat plugs, electric cable, water hoses, 2x4's, a/c insulation, the house itself, all sorts of things. I'd imagine they've sampled the berries and decided that's not something they want to eat again perhaps because they got sick. I was just saying that dogs are usually pretty good about not eating something twice that made them sick, that seems to be instinctual.
                edit: Check the poops and see if there's berries in it?
                Last edited by justletmein; 01-14-2022, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                  I have four of these trees in the back yard and they're huge. I see squirrels eat the bark and trim it to make nests but I've never seen any of the 6 dogs we've had here eat the berries, or any of the dozens of puppies we've raised to 7 weeks old. The dogs have eaten batteries, boat plugs, electric cable, water hoses, 2x4's, a/c insulation, the house itself, all sorts of things. I'd imagine they've sampled the berries and decided that's not something they want to eat again perhaps because they got sick. I was just saying that dogs are usually pretty good about not eating something twice that made them sick, that seems to be instinctual.
                  edit: Check the poops and see if there's berries in it?
                  She puked everything up, and they were not thinking about looking at it when they cleaned it up, unfortunately.

This pup eats just about anything that fits in her mouth. She'd eat her own turds when she was smaller. Haven't seen her do that in a while, thankfully. Found red plastic in an old **** yesterday when we were picking up all the chinaberries. She loves pecans and bugs and.....

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                    The tree is right on the fence, close to the house and chimney and power line, with a shed 10' away. Gonna be fun getting it down.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
                    The wood is so light weight if any portion of it fell on the objects you mention it likely won’t hurt any of them. Really could just grab and break most of them off with your hands

Comment

Axis deer will eat them down to nothing. They prefer chinaberry leaves to anything else I put out.

Comment

Working...
                      X