This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    I just don't see the Lane Kiffin to LSU talk. I think that is a walking disaster. He needs a place he can act goofy and I do not think LSU will allow him to do so.

I think its going to be Napier. He turned down Auburn, so you know he had something in his hip pocket. The job just makes way to much sense for him and LSU.
    I heard on a national radio show that Napier isn't "splashy" enough for the AD.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
      Did Arch Manning scratch Texas off of his list last week after that whopping 1 yard of 4th quarter offense or does he see it as a sure starting job since Texas has no dependable QB?
      Texas is squarely in the mix for Arch. That game had zero impact on his decision. The good and bad news is recruits do not react like fans do on over wins and losses, especially a football family like the Mannings. Arch himself had rough game on Thursday and lost so him and Sark could bond over that.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        I heard on a national radio show that Napier isn't "splashy" enough for the AD.
        I get that, but who would be that is available?

Comment

I get that, but who would be that is available?

Jimbeaux

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just don't see the Lane Kiffin to LSU talk. I think that is a walking disaster. He needs a place he can act goofy and I do not think LSU will allow him to do so.

I think its going to be Napier. He turned down Auburn, so you know he had something in his hip pocket. The job just makes way to much sense for him and LSU.
            Napier or Aranda is my bet.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
              Next LSU coach odds per http://SportsBetting.Ag

Lane Kiffin +250
              Luke Fickell +550
              Billy Napier +700
              Jimbo Fisher +750
              Billy O'Brien +850
              Mark Stoops +850
              Bob Stoops +900
              James Franklin +950
              Joe Brady +1000
              Mel Tucker +1200
              Dave Aranda +1400
              Urban Meyer +1400
              Jon Gruden +10000

At +750 you can make enough money to forget your avitar troubles.

Aranda being such a long shot surprises me, he did a good job there and has done a good job with Baylor.

I've thought about putting a few hundred on Jimbo to LSU to cushion the blow if it actually happens - but probably not.
              Put your $$$$ on Aranda.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                Put your $$$$ on Aranda.
                That would be a great value. Go get Aranda and hire Jeff Lebby away from Ole Miss as your OC and you are cooking with fish grease.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                  Put your $$$$ on Aranda.
                  Makes too much sense.

He's a good coach, relationship is there, cultural fit for LSU, as long as he isn't in the same boat as O with the investigation stuff going on.

Plus Aranda needs to get out of what's left of the B12 before the realignment.

Comment

Woodward will play this close to the vest. Brian Kelly!
                    He makes big moves at HC hires, whether FB,BB or WBB.
                    Then Fickell to ND.
                    Last edited by Snapperhead94; 10-18-2021, 12:19 PM.

Comment

I'm hoping it's not Kiffin

I don't want to know what he'd be able to do with the athletes he could draw in at LSU. Dude is goofy as hell, but he can flat put together an offense.

Comment

Kiffin has NO shot at the job.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
                          Makes too much sense.

He's a good coach, relationship is there, cultural fit for LSU, as long as he isn't in the same boat as O with the investigation stuff going on.

Plus Aranda needs to get out of what's left of the B12 before the realignment.
                          I think the hold up is the cultural fit, but he was there for what 4 years so he knows what he would be getting into. He is a quiet, high thinker from California, so not sure that is the cultural fit. Now if you want to go with the opposite of Coach O, he is your man.

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me if they approached Gundy. He likes to flirt with other teams an awful lot. The Kelly hire would be solid but don't see him leaving ND.

Comment

I think the hold up is the cultural fit, but he was there for what 4 years so he knows what he would be getting into. He is a quiet, high thinker from California, so not sure that is the cultural fit. Now if you want to go with the opposite of Coach O, he is your man.

HAHA

O did a lot of thinking, but it was mainly about the next hot young mom

I figured Aranda as a 'cultural fit' in that he'd been there for a while, was accepted and left on his own, not fired. He's very much the exact opposite of O.

Comment

On to week 8.

Ags should roll SC this week. I was encouraged against Mizzou. Could have easily come out flat after the big win against Bama. Calzada continues to show improvement, but he also continues to make mistakes. He missed, at minimum, 3 easy dump off passes to our backs that would have had good gains. Have to clean that up, but I’m encouraged by the improvement.

Bama curb stomped the pirate which I expected after the loss.

Oklahoma kid looked good and I think the team will continue to get better around him. Rattler seems like a selfish cancer for a program. He had those tendencies when I watched the Netflix special QB1. Like Notre Dame, OU keeps trying to lose games, but they could rally around and go undefeated into the playoffs.

Texas has got to get their s—t together. They look so dominant and then can’t close it out. Maybe the bye week helps them. TU fans should be encouraged though. I think the program is headed in the right direction again.

Got to watch Baylor for the first time and that squad looks good. They won’t get to keep Aranda though. Their biggest issue will be stability at the head coach because their program is just a stepping stone. Kudos to them for two great back to back coaching hires.

Week 8 should be uneventful. Those in the top 20 should win handily this week, but nothing has been a guarantee this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X