Best budget thermal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best budget thermal?

What is the best budget priced thermal out there right now? I’m looking at the ATN Thor LT and Thor 4, but wanted the green screen’s input. I’ve used a Thor 4 and was impressed for what it is. I’m not doing any long range night hunting, but I’m confident in the Thor 4 out to 250ish yards, after having success. Is there a comparable Pulsar? I was hoping that ATN would come out with something new, and the Thor 4 price would come down, but haven’t seen any indication of that yet. TIA for your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by txheartshot; 03-22-2021, 05:56 PM.

I like my Hogster 35.

Comment

In

Comment

Following. Trying rod decide between these “cheap” ones or go with like a thermion xm30. There’s such a broad range to pick from

Comment

Best budget thermal?

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
          Following. Trying rod decide between these “cheap” ones or go with like a thermion xm30. There’s such a broad range to pick from

I can’t justify spending $3-$4k on a scope that I’ll only get to use during hunting season and a few times in the off season. If I were going every week, I might go that route, but I have too many irons in the fire.

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
            I can’t justify spending $3-$4k on a scope that I’ll only get to use during hunting season and a few times in the off season. If I were going every week, I might go that route, but I have too many irons in the fire.

I definitely won’t spend that much for the same reasons but if a XM30 for $2200 will give me longer life, better performance and less headaches vs a sub 1K scope I’ll save up a little longer. I’d just like to see the opinions of others. Didn’t mean to highjack or anything

Comment

Look hard at the new AGM Rattler 25 ($2000) or Rattler 35 ($2500). They are amazing for the money and have video and pictures as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
                I definitely won’t spend that much for the same reasons but if a XM30 for $2200 will give me longer life, better performance and less headaches vs a sub 1K scope I’ll save up a little longer. I’d just like to see the opinions of others. Didn’t mean to highjack or anything

No apologies needed. I started this thread for the conversation & any input is welcome.

The Thor 4 is around $1800 and the Thor LT around $1200. Im trying to stay under $2k.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                  Look hard at the new AGM Rattler 25 ($2000) or Rattler 35 ($2500). They are amazing for the money and have video and pictures as well.

Thanks. I’ll check them out.

Comment

This is the exact reason I went with an IR. I could have bought a thermal and might one day but for hog and yot hunting under 150yrds I went with the sightmark HD 2x with a Ir upgrade. If I was going to get a thermal I would look hard at the super hogster.

Comment

No apologies needed. I started this thread for the conversation & any input is welcome.

The Thor 4 is around $1800 and the Thor LT around $1200. Im trying to stay under $2k.

For some reason I was mistaking the Thor for the ATN x sight or whatever they are. Now I need to research the Thor.

Comment

Personally I’d hold off on the ATN. Like mentioned earlier the AGM rattlers seem to be a pretty good optic for the money

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                          This is the exact reason I went with an IR. I could have bought a thermal and might one day but for hog and yot hunting under 150yrds I went with the sightmark HD 2x with a Ir upgrade. If I was going to get a thermal I would look hard at the super hogster.

I spoke with Jason from outdoor legacy and he said this was a good option so now I need to start you tubing them and get some info

Comment

I have a Thor 4 1.25-5 and have had it for over a year. It rides around until he truck and whatever else and have only had one minor issue with the unit. The WiFi wouldn’t connect to watch on a tablet or home. Contacted ATN, got an Return label, shipped the unit back, and got it fixed and returned in about 2 weeks. I like the scope for what it is wouldn’t hesitate to buy another. I have friends that run Pulsars and one guy with and AGM and just based on my circle the quality control isn’t any better, but Pulsar is definitely known for their customer service. Quality of optics wise..if the units have similar specs the picture is similar.

Comment

The wrong thing to do is to look at all the scopes within your budget, and then pick one of those based on other peoples input. The right thing to do is to decide how you are going to use the scope and determine what base magnification best fits your hunting needs. THEN look at the scopes that meets your needs AND fits in your budget. I think base magnification, FOV and resolution are the most important factors in getting the right scope for your needs. Give some background on how you will use it, how far are your typical shots going to be, and then get some input from people with the same use case. These are all expensive, so don't buy the wrong one.

Comment

Working...
                              X