300wby?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
    Thanks all. The two I’m looking at right now are both Mark Vs. one is an ultralight and one is a wood stock. Both have brakes. Not worried about cost of ammo, anything weatherby is going to be expensive but reloading helps that. Sounds like is a good choice in the 180-200gr. I was looking at it for 180 accubonds for elk next year. I don’t have a 30 and as much as I was wanting to take my 6.5 or soon to be finished 280ai, feel like a collection isn’t complete without a big .30 cal

If you go with the ultralight, give it more time to cool between rounds when shooting for groups. I’ve had UL’s in 300 and 257 in the past and that third shot would always sail off a bit if I didn’t let the rifle cool. No biggie for hunting but definitely a factor for dialing in loads or shooting for accuracy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Mark V in 300 WBY and I will never sell it. Absolutely love everything about it minus when it is time to go buy ammo.

Comment

I got one. It kills stuff.

Comment

I had one. It almost killed me. It's name was Tyson. Beat me up worse than the Rigby or 375 H&H.

Comment

Working...
          X