What if....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Playa View Post
    It’s weird...central heat wasn’t common until 1950. In the words of Johnny Lawrence we are a buncha pu$$ies!

They couldn’t charge the electric cars, iPhones, watch TV, play Xbox or get Frappuccino’s.
    I on the other hand might have split logs a wee bit smaller, and fired up a generator or worst case scenario I’d made my family put on extra layers of clothes (like they did before the 50’s), fired up a lantern and played card games with my kids and made memories! Know what I wouldn’t have done? Beeched about it!
    X10000

Comment

My crystal ball is telling me Horse and Buggies are going to be popular again.

Comment

I think twenty years from now the transportation industry will look like it did yesterday.

Comment

20 years from now...that will not be a realistic problem.

Comment

We can only speculate, but the less fossil fuels we use, the less it will be available. So, we will need a way to fuel the gennys. And, fossil fuels will be way more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
              This recent power outage was 20 years in the future and the greenies have had their way with a much larger percentage of electric vehicles on the road. What would all of those folks done? Generators to charge their car? If fire trucks, ambulances, police vehicles, etc were all electric, seems like it’d be a lot more chaotic.

Just thoughts from my tiny brain....
              They really don't care about you. Most hate humanity altogether, and that includes guys like Bill Gates and Tom Steyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                I hear what your saying but the electricity problem could have been an issue for us fossil fuel burners eventually.....

If the pumps can't pump, we have no fuel in the short term.
                Lol, no one seems to understand this concept...If it had lasted another two or three days in Houston, no one was going anywhere, except by horse or foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  20 years from now...that will not be a realistic problem.
                  Because somewhere out there today on Texasgranolabareaters.com there is a thread by a future millionaire libtard that says..."I foresee a problem 20 years from now with car battery power recharging during outages. I'm going to start working on a solution now"

Comment

I think in 20 years, the Right will have had enough with the left. A repeat of cowboys and indians will take place before then and the greenies will realize that they are not as powerful as they would like to be.
                    I do think itll get worse before it gets better.

Comment

Originally posted by kenner27 View Post
                      This still doesn’t make sense to me. Vehicle batteries 10 years ago (or longer) would have a life much longer than they currently do. Batteries on lawn mowers, four wheelers sxs’s etc are all junk!!
                      This!
                      Even the double A batteries for my ontime feeders don’t last as long anymore.
                      We use to get nearly 2 years out of them. Now I have to change them twice a year!

Comment

With global warming you want have to worry about cold spells like that in the future

Comment

They'll just declare a "National Grid" week. Keeping people from work is no big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            I hear what your saying but the electricity problem could have been an issue for us fossil fuel burners eventually.....

If the pumps can't pump, we have no fuel in the short term.
                            This is what I came to say. Sorry to burst the OPs bubble but gas pumps work off electricity too.

Comment

They are getting 600 mile range now. 20 years from now probably 1500 miles i guessing. Cities will still be able to generate or pull electricity. There will be more electric charging stations than gas pumps and gas stations will be fewer. If you open your eyes almost all new fast food, malls, strip centers, etc have charging stations. City buildings even in small town Georgetown had multiple charging stations- the City rec center- youth sports field there has them also. Dont know why folks dont like them- i dont have one but know i will- it will have more torque and HP than my deleted and chipped F250.

Heck it looked to me like the City of Granite Shoals is about to put a couple at their city building.
                              Last edited by glen; 02-26-2021, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                                This is what I came to say. Sorry to burst the OPs bubble but gas pumps work off electricity too.
                                Pls don’t burst my bubble. . There will still be a need for fossil fuels, prob to power the generators to charge their cars or run the power plant or....

Comment

Working...
                                X