Old building, what is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old building, what is it?

I have wondered for years what this old building was used for. It is located on Hwy 39 south of Iola Texas. Anyone have a clue?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan 4P1040861 (Medium).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	24791930

My first instinct was it may have been a school, but then I realized that building is probably bigger than the current Iola school Looks lke a factory of somesort, maybe a slaughter house

Comment

yes. doors and windows far too tall for a school. multiple stacks on top. if you find out, let me know. thanks

Comment

I have a customer that lives in Iola. I sent him the photo for ID. I'll post if he gets back to me.

Comment

That is interesting, Texas chain saw dudes hide out maybe? AAaaaahhhh!!!!!!! Seriously, I'd like to know my self, I like old stuff like that.

Comment

reminds me of some of the nicer dairy farms old milking houses,...maybe, maybe not??

Comment

Looks a bit like a compressor station building. Are there lots of pipelines and/or natural gas production in the area?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeJ View Post
                Looks a bit like a compressor station building. Are there lots of pipelines and/or natural gas production in the area?
                x2 my guess

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                  I have wondered for years what this old building was used for. It is located on Hwy 39 south of Iola Texas. Anyone have a clue?

[ATTACH]140388[/ATTACH]
                  it looks like a pipelind co building, theres one exactly like it where i hunt in comyn

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
                    reminds me of some of the nicer dairy farms old milking houses,...maybe, maybe not??

That is the first thing that popped into my mind as well..........looks like a few just down the road from where I grew up.......

Comment

I drive by it all year on the way to our lease and I believe the long side of the building runs directly next to the RR track.

Comment

Isn't it right next to a train track? Maybe an old train station?

Comment

Its An Old Dairy Milking Parlor

Comment

Originally posted by Stroker Ace View Post
                            I drive by it all year on the way to our lease and I believe the long side of the building runs directly next to the RR track.
                            I don't know why you have a deer lease, your Dad won't let you shoot anything!

j/k Collin!

I believe it's an old warehouse for farm products shipping on trains.

Comment

My vote is milking barn

Comment

Working...
                              X