Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
    7lbs 5.8oz scoped—

I built on the SA and I’m assuming you went XM or long? I think your finished weight will be close to mine depending on the stock choice. That proof hunter is 19oz, which is crazy light and the forearm is still plenty rigid for loading up a bipod.

I loaded up some rounds at 2.95” coal and the longer 175/180 class do sit a ways back but they chamber fine so I’ll just have to see what the velocity is. Starting with 4831sc.
    Yeah it should be close. The AG / APR stock is just a few ounces more.

I did go long action but offset that will 2 inches less barrel.

I'd love to start with H1k but only have about 3 pounds which is held for my 30 nosler.

I'll likely run a ladder with H4350 and RL26. If the H will get any sort of decent speed I'll go that route as it should give single digit ES and great temp stability.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post

I'd love to start with H1k but only have about 3 pounds which is held for my 30 nosler.

I'll likely run a ladder with H4350 and RL26. If the H will get any sort of decent speed I'll go that route as it should give single digit ES and great temp stability.
      H4831 and H4831SC have been solid performers in both 6.5 and 7 SAUM.

Comment

Very nice rig!

Comment

Well let's keep this alive and share some data as it comes in-- I've got some H1k and RL26 as well to try out.

If I could find some 145LRX (or maybe go to Hammers) I'd love to work up a flat/fast mono load and a heavier/higher BC longer range load as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
            H4831 and H4831SC have been solid performers in both 6.5 and 7 SAUM.
            I've read that but don't have any. I do have 6 pounds of RL26 and 8 pounds of H4350.

BTW-I'd trade either of those for H1k if anyone is feeling generous....

Comment

I've read that but don't have any. I do have 6 pounds of RL26 and 8 pounds of H4350.

BTW-I'd trade either of those for H1k if anyone is feeling generous....
              Where are you located? I might be willing to let some h1k go for your rl26

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
                7lbs 5.8oz scoped—

I built on the SA and I’m assuming you went XM or long? I think your finished weight will be close to mine depending on the stock choice. That proof hunter is 19oz, which is crazy light and the forearm is still plenty rigid for loading up a bipod.

I loaded up some rounds at 2.95” coal and the longer 175/180 class do sit a ways back but they chamber fine so I’ll just have to see what the velocity is. Starting with 4831sc.
                Awesome looking, what a cool rifle, congratulations!

Comment

Bumping this to the top.
                  Slick8 did you ever get your rifle finished? I’m thinking of building a 7saum/7wsm/7ss in a 20” barrel to shoot 175-180s

Comment

I did get it built and actually killed a couple deer last year with it.

I did minimum load work to have it ready as a back up on my NM elk hunt last year. I used 180 vld's over H1k and was getting just under .5 moa to 600 at 2800 fps. I feel like there's a little more juice to squeeze but haven't had the time.

Comment

I did get it built and actually killed a couple deer last year with it.

I did minimum load work to have it ready as a back up on my NM elk hunt last year. I used 180 vld's over H1k and was getting just under .5 moa to 600 at 2800 fps. I feel like there's a little more juice to squeeze but haven't had the time.
                      [ATTACH]1089207[/ATTACH]
                      Good deal. I was hoping to get 2800 out of a 20” barrel with 180s. Sounds like it’s doable and possibly a little more

Comment

Working...
                      X