Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought a Can-am, what accessories? Gun rack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have some Ranch Armor rear and front bumpers on order right now. They are made in Schertz, TX and I plan on going down to pick them up once I am notified.

I also did the big sky roof rack gun holder and added an LED light bar up front and led Backup lights. I also got a half windshield, but may look at going with a full windshield. Just do not know if I want to spend that kind of money on the windshield just yet.

I am also looking at rear windshield to keep the dust from coming back in on me when driving down the ranch roads.

That is what I have done to my 2020 Can Am HD8 XT, so far.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
      what brand is that front bumper?

Tough country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hchntr View Post
        Tough country

Nice!
        Thanks

Comment

Just bought a Can-am, what accessories? Gun rack?

Originally posted by hchntr View Post
          Tough country

I have the same one.

Comment

Made my own, sort of, with a couple Kolpin grips and a little square tubing. This holds my Nylon 77 or my AR pistol equally well for a riding around gunrack.
            Attached Files

Comment

Any more high chairs / bed extender cages?

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                I have the same one.

I know this is a canam thread but just another vote for the tough country front bumper! They look great and solid as heck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RMRiddle View Post
                  Any more high chairs / bed extender cages?
                  I have a bed extender on mine and liked it for a while. You cant run a rear tailgate feeder with a bed extender on would be my only complaint.

Comment

I installed a Eagle MTX bumper on my defender. I really like it. Seems to be plenty sturdy. I also did the gun mounts under the seat and added a couple of light bars. So far I’m pleased with all of it. Sorry, I don’t know how to flip the pictures.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by B-Ray View Post
                      I installed a Eagle MTX bumper on my defender. I really like it. Seems to be plenty sturdy. I also did the gun mounts under the seat and added a couple of light bars. So far I’m pleased with all of it. Sorry, I don’t know how to flip the pictures.
                      looking good. Like the way you offset the gun mounts.

Comment

Thank you, sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Hayniecat23 View Post
                          Opinions on half doors? Like em? Hate em? Who makes the best?
                          Hate ‘em. As the one typically made to ride shotgun, this means having to get the gates. Doors are a pain in the a** with all that getting in and getting out. By the second or third gate, I’m already cussing the **** things!

They’re made of plastic. Plastic has its place, but not for items that are functioning and mechanical.

They’re loud, too.

In-SLAM-out-SLAM, in-SLAM-out-SLAM! I am lobbying to have ours removed.

Comment

I don't like doors either. Mine came with netting type doors and I ended up removing those. All they did was catch branches. I don't think I'd like solid doors either. Lease mate has a Viking with doors. Rode in it once and got old opening the door. If mine I would remove those doors too.

Comment

Not a fan of doors or nets here either. I’ll be pulling my drivers side net soon as I keep tripping over the bottom strap. The other three nets will stay on until my kids are bigger.

I bought the same gun holder as Heath and was excited about it until I decided to make a lever gun my ride around gun. The loop is too big so I’ll be looking for another direction to go in.

Comment

My mod, post #65 is perfect for a lever gun and easy to build, as well as being much cheaper than a factory rack.

Comment

Working...
                                X