Early Season Doe at Tres Hijas! Video 120fps@4k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    A pro at work! Stunning slo-Mo! Looks like that nasty ol' Mathews is pretty well tuned! Ain't much arra wobble! Ain't it funny how we get excited over shooting "just a doe" when we climb into the stand knowing that they are the target!? I get the shakes on a doe shot just like a bi ol' buck! ... guess that's why we do what we do.
    Congratulations on taking a deer on your own place! I've yet to do that, though the opportunity is regularly there... Kind'a strange but just haven't been able to shoot "one of my deer"... YET!
    Thanks Charlie. I can see not wanting to shoot "your" deer! I have a bunch at my front feeder that we enjoy watching, but we don't plan on hunting there. Now if one of "my" deer happens to venture a few hundred yards away to my other setups, they may be taking a risk!

I still get excited about shooting any deer. I guess I'm "old school" and still consider any animal with a bow to be a trophy!

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
    Great shot & great video!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by EasttexSam View Post
    Congratulations Nice shot and video.
    Originally posted by recar View Post
    great shot. congrats!
    Thanks for the comments!
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Nice shooting, Michael!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        You mean "It's all About the Video" DVD that we put out in 2006?

I've done a few videos discussing cameras and setups on my YouTube channel over the last couple of years, with intent to do some more. Anything particular you'd want to see?

Suggestions for beginner software to edit as well as editing tips and tricks?

Things to cut the learning curve for those just starting

Plus things have changed a lot from 2006

Comment

Great shot, awesome video. Very clear all in all and the shot looked perfect. I don't see how those of you who video your hunts are able to pull it off. So many things can go wrong while trying to get ready for and then make the shot. Much respect.

Comment

Great job shooting and capturing the shot. Still shooting Jak-hammers?

Comment

Great video. Congrats on getting your first deer on your own property!

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                Suggestions for beginner software to edit as well as editing tips and tricks?

Things to cut the learning curve for those just starting

Plus things have changed a lot from 2006

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                Great shot, awesome video. Very clear all in all and the shot looked perfect. I don't see how those of you who video your hunts are able to pull it off. So many things can go wrong while trying to get ready for and then make the shot. Much respect.
                Thank you. I often say that in order to consistently video hunts, you have to be willing to miss the opportunity because of it. I have missed or blown a few shot opportunities because I was trying to get good video footage.
                Originally posted by Derrik View Post
                Great job shooting and capturing the shot. Still shooting Jak-hammers?
                Yes, still shooting Jak Hammer 125s. I also shot my cow elk with one.
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Waydago Boss........that slo mo is pretty cool

Comment

Way to go nice harvest!

Comment

Nice shooting - both with the bow and the camera!

I'm curious, are the deer eating the actual fruit (berries) of the beauty berry bush? We don't have that bush up here so I need educated about it.

Comment

Great shot....and video boss!!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Great work as always Michael. Good shootin to boot!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Great video, I just subscribed not sure why I hadn't done it earlier as I always enjoy your videos.

Comment

Originally posted by oneeye View Post
                                Nice shooting - both with the bow and the camera!

I'm curious, are the deer eating the actual fruit (berries) of the beauty berry bush? We don't have that bush up here so I need educated about it.
                                In the video they're eating the corn I threw on the ground!

I thought they would prefer the berries, but the ones I've watched seem to be eating leaves more than berries.
                                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                                X