X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
    This.

Also....

It’s perfectly acceptable to say either “I don’t know” or to say nothing at all.
    Where’s the fun in that?

Comment

Here it is under the “unlawful to” section of the 2020 Outdoor Annual App
      Attached Files

Comment

But if you are on your land in the 10 counties, you can have a shotgun with Buckshot/slugs in your possession and also, you can track deer with more than two dogs in the 10 counties.

Comment

I'll also add that asking the GW about laws is no guarantee you'll get a "right" answer either! GW's are not all created equal! The whole TPWD is a screwed up mess and is run by a Commission that is no friend of hunters and fisherman in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
            But if you are on your land in the 10 counties, you can have a shotgun with Buckshot/slugs in your possession and also, you can track deer with more than two dogs in the 10 counties.

On land you privately own you can have a shotgun with buckshot while hunting squirrels hogs whatever with your dogs (not deer)... on your deer lease no.

But.... you still cannot use a dog to track deer in the 10 counties listed. Even unarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
              Wow, ya'll are making this difficult. You cannot hunt deer with dogs anywhere in Texas. You can use tracking dogs in Texas to find a wounded deer. In every county. All of them. But, there are 10 counties (the heart of the old dog-running area) where you just can't carry a shotgun while tracking a deer with dogs.
              Wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                I'll also add that asking the GW about laws is no guarantee you'll get a "right" answer either! GW's are not all created equal! The whole TPWD is a screwed up mess and is run by a Commission that is no friend of hunters and fisherman in Texas.
                Who else would charge/ticket you than the GW you queried??

Comment

Originally posted by BCBHunter712 View Post
                  Lord have mercy yall. I reached out to friends at TPWD. Hopefully the OP will receive another email fixing this soon. The email he received was not from the LE division. It was from the education department and public hunting staff, not law enforcement.

Once again in the 10 LISTED East Texas Counties, by law you CANNOT use a dog to track a wounded deer period at this time.... doesn't matter if you are unarmed. Period you cannot use a dog to track a wounded deer.

100% correct. It’s the law if you like it or not. It’s doesn’t matter what you’re opinion is. If a game warden gives you the wrong answer then educate him. Go ask a game warden in one of these counties where it’s illegal. I’ve fought that law in Hardin County for years. I’ve had threads on here about it. I hate it, but it’s still the law.

Comment

Originally posted by BCBHunter712 View Post
                    On land you privately own you can have a shotgun with buckshot while hunting squirrels hogs whatever with your dogs (not deer)... on your deer lease no.

But.... you still cannot use a dog to track deer in the 10 counties listed. Even unarmed.
                    I only said that in sarcasm because it does not directly say you can’t do those two things.

I just do what I “need” to do and keep it in the fences.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                      Who else would charge/ticket you than the GW you queried??
                      I think he is meaning that all of our GWs don’t know every law by heart and you may get mixed answers from them. If you email the law division at TPWD you will get the answer from the horses mouth.

Comment

My goodness it’s been illegal in these 10 Counties for 40 years, and some people still don’t know about it.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          My goodness it’s been illegal in these 10 Counties for 40 years, and some people still don’t know about it.
                          Wow, that long now. Makes me feel old , I hunted legally with dogs back in college. Not my cup 'o tea but not all did it the same way.

Comment

All right yall. I had Warden Stormy King reach out to me to clarify the situation. Even the Public Hunt Staff said they they mis interpreted that rule.

We can not use dogs to hunt or track wounded deer, regardless of having a shotgun, in the 10 counties listed.

Sorry for all the confusion and big shout out to Warden King for clarifying this issue.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HelmCrusher View Post
                              All right yall. I had Warden Stormy King reach out to me to clarify the situation. Even the Public Hunt Staff said they they mis interpreted that rule.

We can not use dogs to hunt or track wounded deer, regardless of having a shotgun, in the 10 counties listed.

Sorry for all the confusion and big shout out to Warden King for clarifying this issue.
                              Looks like you finally got a correct answer

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                                Looks like you finally got a correct answer

And to think TBH Lawyer Dude that was instrumental is opening up most of East Texas to tracking couldn’t be believed [emoji1749]

Comment

Working...
                                X