No announcement yet.

2022 Team Fish Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've still got a canopy, a 3 basket fryer, and a few tables. And some fish. Less than 60 peeps signed up for name tags so far.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      Oh no Jerry!! Say it ain't so!! Sure gonna miss you (and that trailer full of stuff)!!
      That trailer and stuff was actually purchased years ago to allow me to do what I am doing now

For me to ever make another NANZA it will have to be on a second weekend. I have shows on 1st Monday at Canton and 3rd Monday at Southfork Ranch.

Gotta make a living

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        Hate to hear that Jerry! Been wondering how you've been.

Looking forward to seeing ya Clint!
        When I get time we need to go drown a few minners

Comment

It looks like I’m out this year.
          That’s the same day as a very important fundraiser banquet we buy a table at every year.
          ROCK Ride on Venter for Kids here in Georgetown.
          They provide equine therapy to disabled kids and vets.

I’ll gladly send my fryer and tater cutter down if anyone is coming from this direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hate to hear you're not gonna be there Clint. But totally understand. My niece has Asperger's. And participated in an equiqe riding program as a youth to get her to socialize more and understand the concepts of responsibility. The logic side of her brain at 8 years of age was not functioning as well as it should. But she was reading anything and every thing she could get her hands on. Reading side gave her a 9th grade level reading skill level at 8 yoa due to the pictorial side of the brain's function. But logic, like math skills, or outcomes of situations, was marginally low. She's in her mid 20s now. And still has problems. It's been a slow process. But still improving. She did graduate High school. And communicates well now. Rock Ride on sir!

Comment

Mike

Rustled Again and I will be bringing approximately 20 lbs of crappie filets. Let us know if you think we need to bring more. Been a good season of fishing.

TD

Comment

That should be good Tom. I've got some I'll be bring also, just in case. If we run out, well, they shouldn't have been slack-n.

I know it's gonna get missed. But since it looks like our team will be short handed this year, we might skip make-n the hush puppies. And just serve some taters with the fish.
                Last edited by Texas Grown; 03-11-2022, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  That should be good Tom. I've got some I'll be bring also, just in case. If we run out, well, they shouldn't have been slack-n.

I know it's gonna get missed. But since it looks like our team will be short handed this year, we might skip make-n the hush puppies. And just serve some taters with the fish.
                  Make it easy and make it fun. Maybe a new member will join in to tackle task

Comment

If you will have me I will help with hush puppies. I came to Nanza in 2020 but haven't been on a team.

Comment

Originally posted by W-O View Post
                      If you will have me I will help with hush puppies. I came to Nanza in 2020 but haven't been on a team.

We could certainly use a hand, sir!

Comment

I cut French fries last Bownanza. I would like that task again but I don't own a French fry cutter. Does any one have one?

Comment

I'll bring potatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustled Again View Post
                            I cut French fries last Bownanza. I would like that task again but I don't own a French fry cutter. Does any one have one?
                            Originally posted by Rustled Again View Post
                            I'll bring potatoes.

I've got a frenchfry cutter. And I'll put ya down for taters.

Comment

Guy and Ladies......Looks like my wife is actually going to be off that weekend so put us down .......

@TexasGrown: If needed i can bring my 3 Basket Fryer with oil and Propane will have to check my fish stock to see if i can bring some filets i am sure i can contribute also to the fish stock.......LOL......Let me know if fryer is needed.....

@TMAG be glad to see you have missed ya for the past couple of time we have been frying.....

Comment

I got released from the doctor this past Friday. So, I will for certain be there!

Fresh Fish(60-lbs total limit: let's limit it to 15-20lbs per member to allow several members to contribute. If we need more, we can always bring more. Please let me know how much you are contributing) – TD2000 and Rusteled Again (20lbs), MikeB. (20lbs)

Essentials:

Canopy/pop-ups - MikeB. (1),
                                5 gallon buckets to hold canopies down (filled with water) – MikeB (4),
                                Fish cookers/Tatar Fryers/Hush-puppy Oil Boilers – MikeB. (3 basket cajun fryer), mmlncomp (3 basket fryer), Saltwaterslick (single basket fryer and stuff)
                                Oil by gallon to make things float to the top when done- Team has a couple of gallons, MikeB, mmlncomp,
                                LP tanks, hoses, regulators, ect. -), Mikeb, mmlncomp,

Accessory cook-n tools and such:

Prep tables - MikeB. (2 tables)
                                Cutting boards and knives – MikeB.,
                                Finish/serving tables –
                                Latex gloves for food handling – Team has 2 opened boxes of 300 each. Should be plenty.
                                Tongs, measuring cups, mixing spoons, and Ladles – Team has 3 stainless tongs and bunch of spoons and ladles from team, 5 plastic serving tongs, 3 food prep knives
                                Large Mixing Bowls- 2 half gallon green mixing bowl from team for Hush Puppies
                                Batter tub – Team has a large rectangle storage container/tub for batter-n fish
                                Potato slicer – MikeB.
                                Thermometers - from Team (2),
                                Fire Extinguishers – MikeB.

Season-N Stuff/Tatars/Onions/and Such:

Batter/Self Rise-n Flour/Cornmeal for batter– Team has 2-lbs cornmeal, 7-lbs All Pourpose, and 6-lbs self-rising, for fish and such
                                Garlic Powder – Team has this covered with a quart size container, also various other spices
                                Salt and Pepper shakers –
                                Team has 4 sets of each and 1 pound of Morten salt, and one extra large qart of black pepper
                                Ragin Blaze –
                                Barnical Dust – Team has ½ canister
                                Potatoes – Rustled Again
                                Condiments/sauces/dip-n stuff -

More Accessories:

Aluminum pans w/lids for cooked fish/food – Team has 6 large covers, 10 fulll size pans for Sterno racks
                                Racks and Sterno for aluminum pans – team has 6 racks for aluminum pans, 1 case of Sterno
                                paper plates – team has 300
                                Food boat trays- team has 1 case, and one stack (100)
                                Plastic ware – team has 3 full box of 300 forks, 900 total
                                paper towels –team has 11-1/2 rolls
                                Paper napkins – team has over 1,000

Hush-puppie Fix-ns:
                                (I will post the recipe a little later)

Cornmeal –
                                Flour -
                                Onion (2 is plenty) –

Baking Powder – team has plenty
                                Salt – team has plenty
                                Eggs -
                                Creamed corn –
                                Jalapenos, Green Chilies (optional) –
                                Milk and/or beer for hushpuppies -
                                Last edited by Texas Grown; 03-22-2022, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X