Trapping Season 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
    You can use a hand drill auger to get your stakes out. And make dirt holes.
    May try that next time. Thanks.

Comment

Couldn't get a pic but while pulling traps, saw my 2nd woodcock in a week, deep in the pine woods. Used to see them while hunting in Alabama but never in Texas. Grimes county.

Comment

Saw one in the fall, coincidentally while I was running traps I had out

Comment

You new trappers, something to check out.
          Coyote Locations, Avoidance, and Refusals - YouTube
          Great info..... thanks for sharing

Comment

No catches as of late for us but finally some sign. Bobcat tracks again along the creek and had one do everything but step on the pan in this cubby set. For some reason husband didn't have a step stick but does now.
            Found 2 more sets of tracks along the other creek and put out a couple of snares and another double set for the cats.

Had an interesting drive home, highway was pretty snow and ice covered but driving was not bad.
            Supposed to get almost a foot of snow tonight at the ranch, we are going up this evening to be there for checking early in the morning and driving back tomorrow.

BT we have some expanded pans on our MB 550s, had one on the trap that the bobcat missed. Spouse had a friend weld them on and we like them.
            We also have the orange bit shown above and it works well for us in rocky ground, a side handle on the drill would be very helpful though.
            Attached Files

Comment

Caught this really nice prime blue color phase coyote yesterday!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
                You did him a big favor for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                  You did him a big favor for sure!
                  Probably caught him 15 minutes before he died from his affliction!

Comment

Train came through again just a few minutes ago. I heard 2 distinct groups of coyotes yapping. The usual one on the neighbor's place and another at least a mile away, farther along the train track.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
                      Hope you took that one to the taxi

Big money in chupacabras

Comment

Train came through again just a few minutes ago. I heard 2 distinct groups of coyotes yapping. The usual one on the neighbor's place and another at least a mile away, farther along the train track.
                        Brute your too good,, you got all the local coyotes caught. Never fear though breeding season is about to kick off and they’ll be traveling looking for love.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                          Hope you took that one to the taxi

Big money in chupacabras
                          I bet a taxidermist would chase me off with a shotgun if I showed up with that thing! I can’t believe she survived that last cold spell.

Comment

Funny thing is some city slicker would buy the dang thing if you marketed as chupacabra

I would have looped a rope around a foot and drug it off and left the rope with it

Comment

Traps just hit the dye! Planning on making my first sets friday. Cooler weather incoming!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X