So here’s the deal…6.8spc
    I built this upper.
    Upper assembly is Aero
    Upper parts kit is Aero
    Hand Guard is Aero Atlas M Lok 15”
    Barrel is 16” BCA
    It has a mil spec charging handle
    BCG….it works but wont cycle. So, essentially it needs a new BCG
    I screwed up and bought a used BCG and shoulda spent the extra $25 to get a new one. Got burned on it.
    I have a Vortex Diamondback 3.5-10x50 on top of it.
    I would like to know the value with and without the scope if I were to sell it as is.

I also have a 10rd steel mag and 35 rounds of ammo(20 rounds hornady black and 15 round SSA)
    Gun has been shot 5 times.

Before you bail on it, have you checked the gas block and tube?

That 6.8 is a really good round. I’d be checking everything else first and also look into buying a new BCG, or figuring out what’s wrong with the one you have before I just cut and ran.

Comment

It is more likely a gas block issue IF you can manually cycle the BCG with the charging handle

Comment

A guy would want to be sure it was just the bcg before negotiating a value, at least I would.

Comment

Need help on AR upper value

Are you sure the BCG is the issue? Some calibers other than .223/5.56 can be a little more finicky and require some gas system tuning and/or a heavier buffer. Gas block alignment could also be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I honestly dont recall if I have tinkered with the gas block or not and I dont know why I have it in my head that the bolt is bad.
            I can certainly give it a whirl.
            Ive got a buddy who could figure it out pretty quick.
            But, I wanted this caliber really bad and did a little higher end build than my cheap 5.56’s.
            It has sat in the safe the last few yrs and I havent touched it so Im wanting to move on to another gun at this point.

Comment

If the bolt carrier does not function, whatever is wrong, is easily fixed. I would be checking to make sure you have gas getting through the gas tube, before doing anything.

Get a aerosol can, of something, carb cleaner, brake parts cleaner, WD-40, or some penetrating lubricant. Then put a straw on the can, and stick the straw in the rear end of the gas tube, and try spraying whatever is in the can down the gas tube. It should come out the barrel. A thinner fluid, would be better, such as brake parts cleaner or carb cleaner. If you get lots of whatever chemical coming out the barrel, with the barrel pointed down. Then you have plenty of gas flow. If not, you need to figure out why it's plugged up. Quite often, could be a misaligned gas block or a problem between the gas block and the gas tube. I have heard some people claim you can install a gas tube upside down, I am not sure how you could do that, but some claim it has been done.
              Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 03-21-2023, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Had the same thing on one of mine and after changing out almost every thing at least once, I finally figured out the gas port had been drilled about a half a hole off center. I drilled slightly larger hole and no problems since.

Comment

Working...
                X