Having a barrel threaded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a barrel threaded

I assume pretty much any barrel can be threaded. I have a Bison Armory stainless bull barrel with target crown that I LOVE and I'd like to get it threaded for future suppressed use. I assume there's no issue threading a bull barrel? Is there any chance it can be messed up? Would it be cheaper just to buy a new already threaded barrel than to bother with sending this one somewhere?

I have had my barrells threaded. Just go to a reputable gun smith

Comment

As long as it’s a quality thread job, you shouldn’t have any issue at all. Morgan at Class 3 machine does great work and is about as quick and cheap as it gets. Used to be $75, but he may have gone up since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My Savage 22-250 was about $100 with a custom made thread protector. I went from 26" to 18".
        Last edited by BrianL; 03-10-2023, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Thanks yall, I figured but never thought about having it done before. This one's already 18" so no need to chop just want to thread it.

I'll try a couple shops in SA first then explore shipping it out. If anybody has recommendations for someone near SA that would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
            Thanks yall, I figured but never thought about having it done before. This one's already 18" so no need to chop just want to thread it.

I'll try a couple shops in SA first then explore shipping it out. If anybody has recommendations for someone near SA that would be awesome.
            I had a stock shortend at Nagels. A promised 2 week turnaround came in at 2 months after they farmed it out to get it done. I'll never go there again for any work. Durys has a couple of good gunsmith.
            Last edited by Walker; 03-10-2023, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              I had a stock shortend at Nagels. A promised 2 week turnaround came in at 2 months after they farmed it out to get it done. I'll never go there again for any work. Durys has a couple of good gunsmith.
              Very good feedback, thank you.

Comment

Morgan at Class 3 Machining is the best around. Extremely easy to deal with and quick turnaround.

Comment

Dury’s is close and they make some great rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                    Dury’s is close and they make some great rifles.
                    David is a 3rd generation gunsmith.

Comment

Originally posted by ABroussard View Post
                      Morgan at Class 3 Machining is the best around. Extremely easy to deal with and quick turnaround.
                      True statement, I’ve had Morgan cut 3 barrels for me and the turn around time has always been around a week. I want to say I paid 100 plus shipping on my last barrel. I had it cut, crowned and threaded.

Comment

Send it to Morgan at Class III. It’ll be faster, cheaper, and a very well know high quality machinist. Not some roll of the dice like a bunch of the local shops.

Comment

Did you end up finding a place? I'm in the San Antonio area and need to get a rifle threaded as well and would rather not ship it. I think Armed in America near my house was going to charge somewhere around $200, which seemed high to me.

Comment

Not yet, probably just go to Dury's or send it off to Class III. I have time, waiting on the can anyway.

Comment

I wasn’t sure about the whole shipping to Morgan at class three but he cut a couple inches off a .308 and threaded and everything was top knotch and quick turn around as mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                              X