This Trad thing is nerve wracking!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Trad thing is nerve wracking!

Gonna try and slip away this weekend for a sit or two and making last minute and last-minute- minute changes.

For the past week I have been shooting my 59' Kodiak instead of the Super K....The 55# bow is a little more finicky but I like the flatter trajectory the heavier bow brings and I've got it shooting fairly well.

I shot off and on this afternoon and about an hour ago wasn't quite ready to quit so I turned on the outside lights to see if there was enough light to shoot...didn't want to risk a miss in the low light and have an arrow blow thru the back fence so I grabbed the Super K and let a few shots rip.....and Man, I instantly remembered how smooth of a bow it is to shoot! I had some 125 grain points i screwed on to give it a little bit flatter trajectory and had planned on 3 shots, that turned into 9 then to 15.

I have some 125 grain Magnus Stingers I can use and no question the Super K is smoother and Quieter, the 59' def. hits with more authority and has a flatter tracjectory....I shoot both equally as well. If I'm being honest with myself the Super K "feels" better than the 59'.....and at 48# and a 525 grain arrow, it is plenty to bring down whatever may walk across my little hill country ranch.

I hate these few days leading up to season where you question everything!

I love bow season, minus the hot weather that comes with it. but being close enough to the animals to hear them crunching on the corn is pretty cool.

Comment

If you're questioning everything that's okay, but if you can't find the answers it's not.
      I KNOW whatever bow and arrow of mine I take to the blind I can and will execute with. Because one practice session does NOT make me question me. If I have a tough one I get close and drop three or four ends then ease back and finish with a smile.
      But I never have to draw on an animal wondering or if I am in that low place, I'm JAFO.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Welp, shot both bows today.

It’s obvious that I shoot the Super K better, it’s quieter and is easier on the draw.

So, that’s what I’ll be taking with me. Did switch to 125 grain heads and I’m happy with both arrow flight and trajectory.

So, God willing, it will be me and the super k this weekend hopefully slinging a magnus tipped arrow

Comment

Go get em!

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
            Gonna try and slip away this weekend for a sit or two and making last minute and last-minute- minute changes.

For the past week I have been shooting my 59' Kodiak instead of the Super K....The 55# bow is a little more finicky but I like the flatter trajectory the heavier bow brings and I've got it shooting fairly well.

I shot off and on this afternoon and about an hour ago wasn't quite ready to quit so I turned on the outside lights to see if there was enough light to shoot...didn't want to risk a miss in the low light and have an arrow blow thru the back fence so I grabbed the Super K and let a few shots rip.....and Man, I instantly remembered how smooth of a bow it is to shoot! I had some 125 grain points i screwed on to give it a little bit flatter trajectory and had planned on 3 shots, that turned into 9 then to 15.

I have some 125 grain Magnus Stingers I can use and no question the Super K is smoother and Quieter, the 59' def. hits with more authority and has a flatter tracjectory....I shoot both equally as well. If I'm being honest with myself the Super K "feels" better than the 59'.....and at 48# and a 525 grain arrow, it is plenty to bring down whatever may walk across my little hill country ranch.

I hate these few days leading up to season where you question everything!
            Hope you have joyous season and fruitful also!

Comment

Good luck Brandon!!!

Hope to see an LDP from you soon!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Appreciate it guys and best luck to y’all as well!

Comment

txtrophy, just remember to shoot your shot and stay in the process till the arrow is in the deer. You'll do great!

Comment

I have a hard time being consistent and accurate with more than one trad bow. I can take one and practice with it a lot and get really confidently dialed in but if I up a different bow it takes awhile to adjust to it. I have to pick the one I like best for whatever hunting situation and stick with it. I also find when I'm shooting at an animal I don't overthink my shots like I do during practice. The instinctive part just kicks in.

Comment

for the first time since i started this ordeal I feel really confident in my shooting ability....been shooting very well with the Super Kodiak from 12-20 yards.

However after a pretty heavy gym workout monday, i noticed tuesday when I draw back the front of my shoulder pops 2-3 times on every draw....never had that happen before. Zero pain, but its loud and dang sure noticeable. shot this morning and its there, sure enough

Getting older sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                        I have a hard time being consistent and accurate with more than one trad bow. I can take one and practice with it a lot and get really confidently dialed in but if I up a different bow it takes awhile to adjust to it. I have to pick the one I like best for whatever hunting situation and stick with it. I also find when I'm shooting at an animal I don't overthink my shots like I do during practice. The instinctive part just kicks in.
                        You should try switching back and forth between wood and carbon arrows.

Comment

Working...
                        X