Could use some good Aggie vibes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casey View Post
    My daughter applied and didn't get accepted in 2018. She spent a year at Tarleton and was a slam dunk getting in as a transfer. We put her diploma in a frame over the weekend. It says nothing about her transferring in after a year. Zero shame in that game.

My son applied in 2020, wasn't crazy about going there but wanted a couple options. He got accepted to engineering but at Galveston campus. Galveston is the only extension of the main campus, as I understand it. Kids there are considered main campus students, get access to the all sports pass and all the other main campus perks. He's now an Aggie in his Junior year...at New Mexico State!

All this to say that there is so much competition to get in that it makes us parents behave irrationally. It's not easy to get in and failing is not a conviction of your kid or you. It's not a status symbol for your family. There are several routes to go get the exact same degree. It doesn't matter if your neighbor's kid gets in and yours doesn't. Find another route that suits him if he doesn't get in. His diploma will look just like the others.

With all that said, I bet he gets in. I'm pulling for y'all!
    Unfortunately, there are so many top 10% that they all don't get in. And, as Casey said, all of the A&M regionals have agreements that you can transfer all credits into A&M once you can get in. It will be much easier (and cheaper) to get in after 30 or 60 hours. 60% of freshmen will fall out, making space for transfers.

Comment

I remember being there, I finally figured out that I was in when I got a call about joining the Corps. Turns out my acceptance package had been sent to our physical address that we didn't recieve mail at and subsequently lost.

Still sending good vibes but like others said, the degrees for transfer students are no different other than maybe being a little cheaper! Honestly avoiding the huge lecture classes as a freshman at A&M and being in a smaller setting like at Blinn would have probably been better IMO.

Comment

Just a quick update, but my boy finally got his answer.

ACCEPTED! Such a relief and so good to see a good kid do all the right things and find success. Thanks for all those Aggie vibes!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post

ACCEPTED! Such a relief and so good to see a good kid do all the right things and find success. Thanks for all those Aggie vibes!
          Awesome

Comment

Congrats to your son !!! My daughter headed there this fall

Comment

Originally posted by texaslongball View Post
              just a quick update, but my boy finally got his answer.

Accepted! Such a relief and so good to see a good kid do all the right things and find success. Thanks for all those aggie vibes!
              congrats!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Whoop!

Comment

Congrats and GIG EM'!!!
                      I grew up bleeding burnt orange and even went to TU for one year . Couldn't stand it. My son went to A&M and he loved it and ,as a parent, really loved the whole aggie family vibe. Need to experience the band marching off the quad before each football game.......greatness!

Comment

Good luck to him, it's a life changing experience.

Gig'em!!

Comment

Thanks everyone. I think he has a strong application between grades, test scores, extra curriculars, and service work. But I'm hearing it's more difficult each year for a kid to go right in from HS instead of Blinn.

Good luck to him. Lots of my old friends loved their time there

Yep. It was really crazy 10 yrs ago when my son applied. The nonchalant answer was “you can go to Blinn”.
                          His experience at Arkansas was outstanding.
                          MBA and living in Bentonville.

What major is your son looking at?
                          Last edited by Big pig; 03-19-2023, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Whoop! Good for him! He will make a great Ag!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our daughter is finishing up her last year of vet school.

Comment

Congrats to you all. Daughter graduates from there in August! About to get a pay raise

Comment

Working...
                                X