No announcement yet.

Could use some good Aggie vibes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good vibes to him. Wife and I are '91, our daughter is '20. Life in Aggieland was a hell of a time.

Comment

Best of luck. Class of ‘13 here. Gig ‘em!

Comment

Good luck to em!
        My son is in his second year there now.
        He lives behind Northgate and seems to be having a good time.

Last year- Spending too much time with the nefarious blonde split tail drug his GPA right out of Mays business school, luckily that saga ended before his time at CS was cut short.

There were a couple of talks had about fun now vs fun later.
        He might have heard some of it - lol.

Reminds me of a Limp Bizkit song....

Comment

Appreciate it, everyone! The kid has a 4.02 GPA, 1310 SAT, National Honor Society, CAT (service organization), PALS (mentor program), tons of volunteer work that he didn't even count, and played football and ran track. I really thought he would be a shoo-in. He didn't even apply anywhere else. He said that if he has to go the Blinn route, then so be it, but he WILL graduate from A&M.

Comment

Oh, and like 7 endorsements! Plus two really strong letters of recommendation. Kid busted his tail in high school. I would really like to see his hard work pay off.

Comment

Gig'em and Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post
                This waiting game is KILLING us!! He isn't auto-accepted but has a STRONG application. I honestly thought he'd hear back before now. Hopefully when the office reopens after the break that they will send him something.

As far as I know, only top 10% auto admissions have been notified and applications for Fall admission were due Dec. 1st. Once they have a solid number on auto admissions, they will start reviewing others. My oldest is starting semester 4 and my youngest was fortunate enough to be in the top 10% and received her acceptance around the end of Sept. Hang in there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I wouldn’t stress too much about it if his credentials are that good and everything else is in line. I went through a long wait during my application process years ago.

I had the highest GPA, standardized test scores, most extra curricular activities, numerous awards and scholarships, blah blah blah, etc. of anyone in my friend group from high school that applied there.

All that said, I was literally the last one to find out I was accepted. It felt like weeks and weeks after everyone else found out.

Funny now, but it wasn’t at the time when everyone else was getting in and I was stuck in the waiting game. Everything all worked out in the end.

Good luck and Gig ‘em!

Comment

Gig em and good luck.. But if he doesnt get in dont stress. Go to Blinn. Nothing wrong with saving some money.. A&M let me in after a few semesters there. They will let anyone in lol

Comment

I wanted more than anything to go to A&M for undergrad. Didn't make it in, and just busted tail to ensure that I kept my undergrad GPA up. Made it to A&M for grad school and finished with a 4.0. I've never used that degree even once in my professional life, but I do really enjoy looking at my ring.

Comment

My son is in the same boat.... His 3 older sisters were all automatic acceptance... he is barely outside the top 10% in his class, and a 29 on his ACT, which I think is very comparable to your son's SAT score. It's been a bit stressful for him waiting on a decision. He's applied and been accepted to 4-5 other schools, but it sure would be nice to get an answer from A&M so he can know where he'll be in August. Should hear something in the next couple of months.
                        Last edited by RCDuck; 01-04-2023, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Best of luck to your boy, sounds like his resume is competitive! Class of 2010, hope he gets his chance one way or the other. Gig em!

ac

Comment

My daughter applied and didn't get accepted in 2018. She spent a year at Tarleton and was a slam dunk getting in as a transfer. We put her diploma in a frame over the weekend. It says nothing about her transferring in after a year. Zero shame in that game.

My son applied in 2020, wasn't crazy about going there but wanted a couple options. He got accepted to engineering but at Galveston campus. Galveston is the only extension of the main campus, as I understand it. Kids there are considered main campus students, get access to the all sports pass and all the other main campus perks. He's now an Aggie in his Junior year...at New Mexico State!

All this to say that there is so much competition to get in that it makes us parents behave irrationally. It's not easy to get in and failing is not a conviction of your kid or you. It's not a status symbol for your family. There are several routes to go get the exact same degree. It doesn't matter if your neighbor's kid gets in and yours doesn't. Find another route that suits him if he doesn't get in. His diploma will look just like the others.

With all that said, I bet he gets in. I'm pulling for y'all!

Comment

Class of ‘69 here, good luck to your son. My daughter wanted to go to A&M, applied and was turned down. She retook her SAT again and reapplied and was accepted. She had been accepted to SWT in the meantime and being a hardhead she went to SWT instead and got her degree there. Hang in there, it will happen!

Comment

My nephew got his acceptance letter a few weeks ago. I’m super proud of him, but I hope he goes somewhere else.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X