No announcement yet.

Making fishing lures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First I thought that green back was my favorite, nope!

Black back! Now go into one of those washed out lakes and load up on redfish.

Comment

The one on the left in the last pic reminds me of an ivory domino. Maybe the reds and trout will domino on that one.

They all look great to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        The one on the left in the last pic reminds me of an ivory domino. Maybe the reds and trout will domino on that one.

They all look great to me!
        It looks like an ace blank lol. You just gave me an idea for a trey deuce lipless lol.

Comment

Well a lot of trial and error has finally paid off. I got a chance to throw my three slow sinkers I made and had a lot of success. A total of (7) trout from 17-21'' in about an hour today. I caught a couple on each of them. I'm always shocked when I catch a fish on a lure I make.
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

This one inhaled the lure and had to come home for dinner. The rest were released.
              Attached Files

Comment

That's awesome! And some pretty nice fish too!

Comment

Very cool.. Great accomplishment!!!

Comment

I got out in the shop and made a couple of my favorite winter colors. Red Shad and Morning Dawn flukes. They're deadly on a light weight jig head this time of year.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Like those red shad!

Comment

I've been busy with the plugs lately. I made a silicone mold for this model so I can easily reproduce it. Now I can fiddle with the sink rate and attitude in the water without carving a new one each time. That's my goal with these as I make them and like the action, I can reproduce them. I'll get a casting done hopefully tomorrow. I just opened it up this evening (I just got back from the water) so it needs to be trimmed up and made pretty.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I just finished this new lure this week. It's carved from balsa with a through wire harness and foiled. I just threw it at some fish but they ignored it. It has a very slow sink rate of about a foot every two seconds and a lot of side to side movement, it will turn back past 90 degrees as you walk it under water, that's exactly what I'm trying to make them do. This is the smallest plug so far. My wife insisted on the orange paint scheme.
                          Attached Files

Comment

The other side.
                            Attached Files

Comment

This is a size comparison with the other. It hadn't been painted yet or the texturing done to the foil.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Working...
                                X