No announcement yet.

Grapevine Hunting 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a large one on cam this morning, saw 3 does, buddy saw doe, small buck and a shooter with no shot. We got down and saw another small buck and then another following a doe. They were on their feet this morning. Will be back out after that big one this afternoon.

Comment

Does anyone how to access the area over to the was closer to I-35W? Two years ago I was told by a game warden that we could drive down off of Dale Earnhardt Blvd and park between I-35 and the COE land. That path is blocked off now.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie14 View Post
        Does anyone how to access the area over to the was closer to I-35W? Two years ago I was told by a game warden that we could drive down off of Dale Earnhardt Blvd and park between I-35 and the COE land. That path is blocked off now.

Helicopter. Just get the Roanoke SWAT department to let you rappel down when they’re doing their training.

But on a serious note, back in the spring when I hog hunted I just dropped down adjacent to 35. There was an erosion fence that I had to drive around but that was it. And far as I know, the landowner still has to access off that road unless it changed.

Comment

Howdy

Im new to the forum and relatively new to bow hunting (3rd season).
          We’ve (my sons and I) have been deer hunting grapevine for 2 years. Excited to be a part of the community!

Comment

Heading west on Dale E blvd turn north on to 35 on ramp. Turn right and go down the grass hill and circle back to park under the bridge. Thats what I did last year. I havent hunted out that way this year.
            Id post a pic of the map where I turn off, but being new to the forum I havent figured out how to do that yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
              Helicopter. Just get the Roanoke SWAT department to let you rappel down when they’re doing their training.

But on a serious note, back in the spring when I hog hunted I just dropped down adjacent to 35. There was an erosion fence that I had to drive around but that was it. And far as I know, the landowner still has to access off that road unless it changed.
              Thanks for the reply. The low water crossing that had rock in it is now blocked off. I'm hoping they just did it to keep things from getting rutted up after the rain.

Comment

I had my first SD card get stolen... They were nice enough to close the camera back this time!

Comment

I had my first SD card get stolen... They were nice enough to close the camera back this time!
                  That crap happened to me, too. It's one thing to be a thief. It's a different kind of a-hole that steals a card just to mess with you.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Comment

Grapevine goings-on seem to be pretty crazy this year. Cards stolen, guys out with machetes chopping crap down, guy out with axe making mock rub lines, guy bird/varmint hunting in the middle of the season, peppering me in the tree, guy out way back in just raking a path in the dirt (non-hunter), armadillo club yielding hunters, thugs walking by flipping off cameras and turning the camera facing the sky, seeing people cut holes in the barbwire border fences, someone throwing rocks in the pond way back in in the dark last night at my buddy, camp tent way back in the thick stuff, cell cams sitting over mineral blocks, crackpipe hideout found in the middle of the woods with fresh pipe left out.

But there are big ole bucks out there so I guess we deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                      Grapevine goings-on seem to be pretty crazy this year. Cards stolen, guys out with machetes chopping crap down, guy out with axe making mock rub lines, guy bird/varmint hunting in the middle of the season, peppering me in the tree, guy out way back in just raking a path in the dirt (non-hunter), armadillo club yielding hunters, thugs walking by flipping off cameras and turning the camera facing the sky, seeing people cut holes in the barbwire border fences, someone throwing rocks in the pond way back in in the dark last night at my buddy, camp tent way back in the thick stuff, cell cams sitting over mineral blocks, crackpipe hideout found in the middle of the woods with fresh pipe left out.

Sounds like the status quo to me!

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post

Sounds about right! One correction though - there are no deer at grapevine, certainly none of the big ole variety

Comment

Hey Y'all, new to the community and first year at Grapevine. Glad to hear there are no deer out there! Spoke with the office yesterday and they weren't really helpful. According to the person I spoke with there are only two spots you can park legally, and he said I could not park at the boat ramp to walk/boat in. Does this sound right? seems like a lot of land with very little legal access if so.

Comment

Originally posted by Flybow View Post
                            Hey Y'all, new to the community and first year at Grapevine. Glad to hear there are no deer out there! Spoke with the office yesterday and they weren't really helpful. According to the person I spoke with there are only two spots you can park legally, and he said I could not park at the boat ramp to walk/boat in. Does this sound right? seems like a lot of land with very little legal access if so.
                            Duck hunters park at the boat ramp and boat in. Deer hunters can do the same. I park lots of places until I get told I can't. Haven't had a problem all season long.

Comment

The DFW Corps hunting manual says you are allowed to park on roadsides on Corps property, but at your own risk.

“Vehicles must be parked in Corps designated areas or along roadsides on Corps property without blocking the passage of other vehicles or gate openings. Parking on other public roadways is at your own risk and contacting local law enforcement is recommended.”

See pages 5-6 of the manual.
                              Last edited by SPaw; 11-15-2022, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SPaw View Post
                                The DFW Corps hunting manual says you are allowed to park on roadsides on Corps property, but at your own risk.

“Vehicles must be parked in Corps designated areas or along roadsides on Corps property without blocking the passage of other vehicles or gate openings. Parking on other public roadways is at your own risk and contacting local law enforcement is recommended.”

See pages 5-6 of the manual.
                                Thanks for the follow up. I definitely got some info over the phone that conflicts with the manual. I want to make sure I was clear on all the regulations before I went out.

Comment

Working...
                                X