Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alamo Precision TBH Build in the Future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
    IMO that sounds like someone at Defiance trying to douse the flames more than being truthful about current operations at Defiance. If you can’t make a profit with a year + backlog at $1300/action then you probably ought to just close the doors.

That’s what I’m thinking. I have a really hard time believing they would buy out a company in that bad of shape. I expected a price increase to cut down on their ~18 month backlog, but definitely not to that extent. All the other action mfgs should love this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
      I don’t remember where but I heard they were having some financial issues prior to ole BB buying them. Seems like you said, that should have been examined before purchasing a company. Who knows maybe his intent was to pass the screwing along to the customer because they felt the actions would survive that much of a price increase...

Sierracharlie out....
      Anybody hear the final price they sold for? I'm imagining it was a pretty big number, no excuse for such poor diligence and laughable to tell a story that Defiance was on the brink of insolvency when purchased. BB bought a premium brand and and made an aggressive move to get his investment back sooner. Capitalism at it's best, but will have many of us looking elsewhere for the time being. I think they're OK with that for now. It will also be funny when they have a price reduction down the road because of all the new "business practices" they put into place to get costs in line. I guess we'll see.

My biggest worry would be all the other action manufacturers following suit. I'd bet a few bucks they won't be far behind.

Comment

Did APR move? I noticed their storefront on highway 10 has closed.

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
          My biggest worry would be all the other action manufacturers following suit. I'd bet a few bucks they won't be far behind.
          Man I’ve thought about that as well and hope that isn’t the case. I have a couple other brands in mind for builds that are on deck/in the hole but am curious to see how it plays out.

I still can’t believe a tenacity is costing 1600$. Unreal.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

I didn’t like the tenacity at its old price. At $16-1700 they can keep that MFer lol.

Kelbly. Zermatt. Both top notch companies for far less. I don’t like Curtis much. Heck there’s a long list of action makers that are good. I guess Bat machine has some competition at the sky high price level now

For what it’s worth, I own a Deviant and Deviant hunter. They are incredible actions. They aren’t worth $1700. I haven’t felt an action that was and I’ve owned or shot nearly every brand out there over the years for the most part. This might be the death of defiance.

Comment

Crazyprice increase

Comment

where are ya'll seeing the posted price change?

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                  Hey guys! I'm a little late getting this started this year......mostly because I wanted to see what what component availability would be like on a couple of ideas I had in mind. Then a couple of weeks ago we had a BIG wrench thrown in the works when Defiance had a MAJOR price increase without much warning. Unfortunately, that increase would make it pretty challenging to make it work well for the TBH deal. I'm working on some alternatives, but have nothing solid to offer at this point. In short, if we are able to do anything this year it will open up a little later than it has in the past.

Thanks,
                  Robert
                  Does this put the option of reworking a customer supplied 700 action back on the table?

Comment

Originally posted by cb4128 View Post
                    where are ya'll seeing the posted price change?
                    It's on their website

Comment

oh ok, cause online retailers still have the tenacity for $995 - that's an insane price increase for that action at $1,600 - almost the same price as the Ruckus now

Comment

Hey Robert, you know that Anti action you ordered for me but then I decided I didn't want it..... Is it too late to change my mind?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Did APR move? I noticed their storefront on highway 10 has closed.

Yes sir, we moved to a bigger space a couple of years ago. We are over off hwy 26 now.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                            Hey Robert, you know that Anti action you ordered for me but then I decided I didn't want it..... Is it too late to change my mind?
                            Of course!!! It is now an appreciating asset that will need to be adjusted for inflation

Comment

This was definitely an unexpected increase, at least at this level. It's a hard pill to swallow, or completely understand, even after having it explained directly from the man himself. It is an incredible product and still has a place. Unfortunately that place just got real exclusive.

Comment

Cortina says actions are free!

watch about 2 minutes worth of this https://youtu.be/ijfSA7HUl_g?t=198

Comment

Working...
                                X