No announcement yet.

Ammo trickling back into stores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone find any .22-250 in stock anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
        Several Academy stores in the Houston area have had Winchester in stock.

Comment

I have seen Academy keeping 1000s of rounds of 5.56 on the shelves consistently for the past few weeks. At what point do you think the prices will come back down to normal levels?

Comment

I think what you see at Academy is the new norm for awhile. If it comes down it will be a very slow trickle down.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown15 View Post
              I have seen Academy keeping 1000s of rounds of 5.56 on the shelves consistently for the past few weeks. At what point do you think the prices will come back down to normal levels?
              You mean pre-covid normal? Never.

I'm still looking for Nosler BT's for my 7mm-08. I check ammoseek daily and they have nothing. No BT's, no accubonds...nothing. Frankly I'm a little worried Nosler may be having thoughts about shutting down.

Comment

It is going to take a huge surplus to drive down prices. The cheapest ammo I have bought in years was right after Trump was elected. It was the tail-end of the last hoarding cycle and all manufacturers had ramped up. All of a sudden the panic buying stopped and the market was flooded. I don't think the Ammo makers went "all-in" this time knowing it would eventually snap back so we may not see the same thing but until there is supply at every store, in every caliber, there won't be any competitive pressures.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post

I'm still looking for Nosler BT's for my 7mm-08. I check ammoseek daily and they have nothing. No BT's, no accubonds...nothing. Frankly I'm a little worried Nosler may be having thoughts about shutting down.

7-08 other than hornady has been terrible to find. Keep an eye on choice ammunition. They do have some pop up but you have to get lucky. I got tired of waiting on some back ordered accubonds and was able to switch them to some Berger’s when they had some in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post

If you have some 7-08 brass I could load you some middle of the road charged 120 or 140 grain BT’s. I have plenty of powder and pretty sure I have plenty of BT’s.

Comment

Originally posted by jay07ag View Post
                      If you have some 7-08 brass I could load you some middle of the road charged 120 or 140 grain BT’s. I have plenty of powder and pretty sure I have plenty of BT’s.

I appreciate the offer but I gave all my brass to a friend of mine right before all this happened. 5 boxes I never reckoned I'd need...SMH

Originally posted by Yelladog View Post
                      7-08 other than hornady has been terrible to find. Keep an eye on choice ammunition. They do have some pop up but you have to get lucky. I got tired of waiting on some back ordered accubonds and was able to switch them to some Berger’s when they had some in stock.

Good to know. I'll keep an eye on them.

Comment

Nosler had a massive plant explosion back in 2010. I think maybe they have never recovered from that coupled with the fact they started getting into firearm manufacturing. Being in the state of Oregon where ANTIFA prowls at night maybe the just skeerd to keep the plant open.

Comment

No end in sight

Ammunition inventories that were depleted during the pandemic are showing no sign of improving, according to Smith & Wesson Brands CEO Mark Smith.

Comment

Working...
                          X