Sous Vide Prime Rib

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sous Vide Prime Rib

I like to sous vide a chuck roast and say it comes out like prime rib. Is it worth doing a prime rib? If so how long- 8-10 hours per google. How to wear after? Again per google a 500 degree oven for 10 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sous Vide Prime Rib

There’s a thread someplace on it.

Here’s what I have saved in my phone.

I go 500 degrees until about 118 now, but that’s gonna be rare!

I like to get one a week or 2 before cooking and just let it set in the fridge wrapped. Rub with salt, pepper, and some steak seasoning, and set it on the counter for 6 hours before cooking.

It’s too easy this way to bother with sous vide, but I’m not a huge fan of sous vide anyway.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 06-03-2021, 09:19 AM.

Comment

I want to get into this so bad

Comment

I've done them in Sous vide, in the oven but my fav way is Dry brined overnight and then butter, garlic and rosemary covered it and went on the rotisserie on my Weber kettle. Kept the heat low (250-275) and pulled it when it got to 120 internal and rested for about 20min. Probably ended up close to 130. Out of the 3 ways, the sous vide was probably least fav. But hell, you're still eating prime rib so it is a win win.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	24653306

Click image for larger version

Name:	PR1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	24653307

Comment

Holy crap

Comment

Call me crazy, but my personal preference is to have it as ribeyes instead of as a roast. I just want more crust/maillard per bite.

On the sous vide time, Anova shows 6 hours, but size is going to matter. They actually respond to someone in the comments saying 8-10 hours for a 13 pounder: https://recipes.anovaculinary.com/re...vide-prime-rib

Comment

Thanks all. I'll post up what I end up doing tomorrow but I am concerned about the sous vide texture change I have had with steak, especially for the crowd I'm feeding.

Comment

This guy has two youtube channels Sous Vide Everything and Guga foods and does some crazy stuff. Tried a bunch of recipes from both and they come out pretty dang awesome.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY4Q7Drsh0w"]World's Easiest PRIME RIB! Sous Vide Guarantees Results - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by CWP View Post
                  Call me crazy, but my personal preference is to have it as ribeyes instead of as a roast. I just want more crust/maillard per bite.

On the sous vide time, Anova shows 6 hours, but size is going to matter. They actually respond to someone in the comments saying 8-10 hours for a 13 pounder: https://recipes.anovaculinary.com/re...vide-prime-rib
                  This is my preference too. I like more seasoning on the meat rather than just around the edges. But I never turn down a prime rib if somebody serves it. Good stuff.

Comment

Sous vide is good, I've let one go for 20hrs. I put it in frozen and finished it over a hot fire. The oven method at 500 is the best in my opinion.

Comment

Somebody do this and show more pics please.

Comment

Mucho info here...

Prime Rib Roast.....High temp method

Comment

Smoke it, pull, rest, cut into steaks, season and sear.

Comment

Don't mess with the Scientist.

Impress your holiday guests with Alton Brown's simple but best Standing Rib Roast recipe. Tender, juicy, and best served with Yorkshire pudding.

Comment

tagged

Comment

Working...
                              X