No announcement yet.

DIY chicken coop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, that is really nice. It almost makes me want to build one, too. I think I would have to have like 50 birds, though because I'm pretty sure the raccoons, possums, snakes, coyotes and bobcats would suddenly want to be best friends and take one or 2 home.

Comment

Originally posted by kp143631 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Doe that keep the snakes out?

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
        Doe that keep the snakes out?
        Snakes and predators. I have had neither get inside the coop.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
          That dang pintrest has generated more unwanted projects for me than I can count!

I went a little overboard on our coop for the amount of chickens that we have. But if we wanted to, we could probably run about 30 chickens. LOL

Some ideas for you.....
          Self watering system using a lick tub.

Sun shade over the run. This actually deflect allot of rain too. I really like it.

I am fixing to build a self feeder using a lick tub, and some 3" pvc 90's. The one I have now is a bad design, and makes a mess.
          I like The set up. It’s open exposed more to the environment and still covered

Comment

Well, we lost the family favorite hen, “Dolly” to my pointer a couple of months back, and I promised my kids we’d get a couple more he’s this spring. Went to SeaBreeze Hens this morning for “a couple” pullets, and came home with 7. Momma ain’t happy, but the kids are!

Comment

Where is that place?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                Where is that place?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

SeaBreeze Hens is in San Leon. Very reputable operation. The original hens we have came from there about 4 years ago.

Comment

SeaBreeze is right down the street from me. years we thought she was the crazy chicken lady till we go into chickens.

I have 6 serma chickens from her now and 4 large hens from her. She is awesome to deal with and has tons of cool birds

Comment

My coworker just sent me pics of his coop. Yeah, I'm not going there.

He says he fills it with sawdust to make cleaning easier. A few times a year, they take it all out and hose it. The floor has a non slip epoxy resin.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looks great, going to be building one next month.

Comment

Working...
                      X