X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ATTACH]1076012[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter87 View Post
      What kit did you use to make the 6.0 LS work in the truck?
      No "kit" per say. It's a 5.3. I wanted economy from it. And just a touch more HP for pulling. The 5.7 it came with was rated at 210HP. And had 278K when it got pulled. This one is about 325HP. Got less than 70 miles on it. I've got to be careful so I don't wear out the Getreg 290 withan NV3500 tail. Had it rebuilt about 10 years ago. Once it goes, I'll drop a Tremec TKX 5sp in it.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
      Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-04-2022, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        Me, me, me!

I'ma second owner. Bought it in 2005. Got a '89 GMC xcab 2500 2wd with 278k on it. And a 5sp 290. It did have a 350 with that mileage. Just finished an LS swap on it with less than 100 miles on it. Working on an interior now. As you might can tell, I hunt a lot of public lands. [emoji846]

Nother bed coming after interior is done. [ATTACH]1075620[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1075621[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1075622[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1075623[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1075624[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1075625[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1075626[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1075627[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1075628[/ATTACH]

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
        That LS swap looks CLEAN. Do all the factory hvac switches work? How did you do the gauges?

Comment

Nice truck fellas, there are stand alone kits that work for ls swaps and even the wiring of an ls motor you pull will work does my 99 z71 count as a obs? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
            That LS swap looks CLEAN. Do all the factory hvac switches work? How did you do the gauges?

Yes, A/C is fully functional. All OEM switches work. I found someone who does custom work. They did the independent stand-alone engine harness as well as flashed the ECM and did the tune. In fact, they did a lot of the work since I can't lay on my back anymore. If I had a lift, I'd had done it my self. But with a one car driveway, city ordinances, and a bad back.... (I hate living in the city). Last motor swap I did in my driveway was back in 2004.

They pretty much wired it all up including my gauges while at it. I bought a set of Dakota Digital HDX gauges (direct) to replace the OEM. The Dakotas are very simple to hook up for the most part. And offer a ton of features. I had no tach in the OEM. And would sometimes find my self driving on the highway at 70+ in 4th cause I would forget to shift and can't hear very well. I could have swapped out a set of gauges from a 93-94. But that will only work in the 89-94. Beyond that won't work. There are lots of other mods that can be done to the interior on ,95 down such as dashes, seats, ect if you want something newer.

Heads were vatted, checked for cracks and milled, and fitted with new hardware. Bottom was a stock rebuild except cam, just a little more on the cam than OEM from BTR. I wasn't looking to get wild with it. As I'm more concerned about fuel economy and how long this motor is going to last me. I just wanted a little more power for pulling the boat, and light truck duty. That 5.7 gave me 18 MPG hwy when I got it in 2005 with 152K on it when I got it. It wouldn't pull my boat without choking down at 278K, and I was only getting 14MPG hwy with it. Rear main seal was leaking pretty bad but only when underway. The motor didn't hardly burn any oil till near it's end. I ran Mobile 1 10-40 High Mileage in it.
            The 5.3 gets a Rotella oil change at 500. And another, and retune at 1,500 if everything continues to function correctly.
            Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-04-2022, 06:50 PM.

Comment

I'm really interested in seeing what kind of fuel mileage I'll get from this when it gets settled in. And this truck hasn't had working A/C in it since 2008, till now.

If you want to see some of their other work:

2,123 Followers, 321 Following, 571 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from The Truck Stop DFW, Inc. (@the_truck_stop_dfw)

2,123 Followers, 571 Posts - Hours: Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. #thetruckstop #thetruckstopdfw #iwasbuiltforthis #lsxswapdallas #c10swapdallas #c10andcams #trucksncams

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
              Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-04-2022, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zjesse22 View Post
                Nice truck fellas, there are stand alone kits that work for ls swaps and even the wiring of an ls motor you pull will work does my 99 z71 count as a obs? Lol
                If it's 20y.o. it counts as OBS I believe

Comment

Originally posted by talleywack97 View Post
                  If it's 20y.o. it counts as OBS I believe

Largely:

OBS for GM Products is 88-98 (there are some exceptions in 99/00: Suvs, 3/4 and 1 ton)
                  NBS is: 99-06 (Some 07s)
                  NNBS is: 07+

This is also just internet slang for the most part.

Comment

My truck has 240K on original 350 I am looking for a new motor to possibly build a 383 or a stout built 350. I drive my truck daily but I do pull trailers.

Comment

I've got 2! No pics but one is a green 97 Silverado extended cab and the other is a red 99 suburban. No plans to ever sell either of them.

Comment

Wife has a 1992 K1500 4wd that she bought new off the lot. It's still in pretty mint condition other than the dash cracking pretty bad on top.

Comment

bump

Comment

Everyone is posting pics of trucks that I consider new body style. 1988 is when things really changed. What is a 84 model if a 98 is an OBS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                              Everyone is posting pics of trucks that I consider new body style. 1988 is when things really changed. What is a 84 model if a 98 is an OBS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I'm with you, those are the new style.

Comment

Not considered an OBS but here you go. This is a square body era. 87 model.
                                Last edited by TRF455; 07-25-2022, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X