No announcement yet.

Water under feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had deer in the feed pen within 2 hours of leaving. I can't hunt this weekend anyway (nephew's funeral) so was just toping off the feeders and thought I'd dig the ditch so I wouldn't have to be in the slop to fill them again.

Feeders have been in this are for 8 years. I run 2 feeder. Each throw morning and evening about 30 min apart. I did that 8 years ago when one stopped working and showed up to a bunch of nothing.

Comment

Few pics from this evening

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like your good to go, good luck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
          How long has that one feeder been spraddled out like that?

I would figure it would not last long like that

Water is no issue for them
          8 years

Comment

My deer love the water holes under the feeder. More come to that than the corn.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Oh hell I didn't even notice the ditch. I thought you moved the feeders. Hell that'll work. Disregard above....well other than stinking up the pen...

Sorry I should have taken the pic from the same place as the camera is located. Didn't move anything, just dug a drainage ditch.

Due to nephew's funeral I can't hunt this weekend. Won't be able to hunt next weekend as it's my weekend with my kids. They are good for rifle hunt but not bow hunting. So it'll be 2 weeks before I can get out there. Wasn't worried about leaving scent out there today.

Comment

Based on all the above ya done good imo.

Best of luck when you make it out.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice job, they like it too.

Comment

I guarantee if that was my hunting spot some of them feeder legs would have holes all in them. Also I know what you mean about showing up and feeder not going off. Nothing more disappointing than that, especially on opening day.

Comment

Feeder legs look like a gauntlet to shoot through!

Comment

Looks good after the water all dries up you can use it as a corn trough for hand corn

Comment

Originally posted by stringmusic View Post
                          Feeder legs look like a gauntlet to shoot through!
                          Stand is on other side of camera. It's tested my patience a few times to wait for them to clear and get a clean shooting lane. But most of the time they help me focus and give me a tunnel to shoot through.

Comment

Doesn't look like any were scared off from my scent today.

The most deer Ive seen here in person is 20. The feed pen is 32' in diameter and gets full and they hang around.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                              Every one of my feeders has a concrete pad under it. Stopped fighting the mud hole issue years ago.
                              I've always wondered about the sack of concrete....this year I put grading under my feeder so they couldn't dig it out underneath
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X